• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got XenPorta running on my site now :)

http://www.pleasedsheep.com

The idea is to convert several forums into news/articles/blogs pages.

Is there any way to either...

1) Create a new page within Xenporta, that I can link to in the main menu that displays posts from the article forum - but obviously displays them like an article index, not a forum.

Or...

2) Make the article forum itself, look like an article index, not a forum.

I just put a banner ad in the ad_below_content template and it is looking a bit weird. Is there any way to move the xenporta footer (the thing with Jason's credit, etc..) below the ad_below_content template? So that the ad looks like a part of the portal?

Thanks!

I just put a banner ad in the ad_below_content template and it is looking a bit weird. Is there any way to move the xenporta footer (the thing with Jason's credit, etc..) below the ad_below_content template? So that the ad looks like a part of the portal?

Thanks!

I think a $50 donation to Jaxel will let you remove the copyright notice, etc.

I don't need it to be removed.
Right now, the portal has all the modules, then the footer with credits and then my banner ad (ad_below_content template). I want my banner ad to be above the footer so that it looks integrated with the portal.

This is what it looks like right now:

I want to interchange the position of the xenporta copyright and the ad.

You need to update the blocks & stuff to get them to show. If you disable XenPorta the old stuff will magically come back. It's not lost, they'e just not showing until you put them there now.

Need help. Ok, so I know how to write the custom css for each body.node to customize each forum but I'm now having trouble figuring out how to customize the logo image for each node. I know it can be done because I've seen it on other forums running xenPorta. My question is, where do I replace the logo image so that it changes for specific forums? I tried a bunch of different techniques and none seem to work. The closest I can get is something like this in EXTRA.css

body.node123
#logo {
background: url('http://mysite.com/Header.png') no-repeat center !important;
}

body.node123
#logo img {
display: none !important;
}

But all that is doing is just not displaying the actual logo image and instead displaying the new logo image as a logo background. I still want to be able to have a separate background layer and I want to be able to click on the logo and be redirected to the homepage. Thanks in advance for the help.

With 1.5.1, anybody else having problems with attachment thumbnails not showing for guests in Recent News? Search this thread for 'thumbnail' but didn't see anything. :coffee:

How would I be able to make two news modules? I want one for a particular forum and another for the other one. Is this possible to do?
Yes this is possible. I have many different news modules running on my site. You have to open the xml and change theses settings adding the #1 after recentnews:
  1. RecentNews1
  2. recentnews1_forum
  3. recentnews1_limit
  4. recentnews1_truncate
  5. recentnews1_social
  6. recentnews1_pagenav
  7. recentnews1_leftdate
  8. EWRblock_RecentNews1
  9. EWRblock_RecentNews1.css
  10. $RecentNews1
  11. EWRblock_RecentNews1.css"
  12. After making changes to the xml save RecentNews1.xml but don't upload yet.
  13. If you want more then one news module change the 1 to a 2 and so forth for each module.
Now you have to open /library/EWRPorta/Block/RecentNews.php / Make a copy and then rename RecentNews.php to RecentNews1.php. Open RecentNews1.php and change class EWRporta_Block_RecentNews extends XenForo_Model to class EWRporta_Block_RecentNews1 extends XenForo_Model. Save and Exit. Make sure you have the RecentNews1.php uploaded to /library/EWRporta/Block. After making sure this is uploaded you can upload your xml into the blocks section of the admin area. Hope this helps.

Itworx4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom