• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't changed it, boards is the directory the forum is installed in.

The forums route is still forums: http://www.ign.com/boards/forums/teh-testibule-2.80004/
I know it's in the forum directory. Just giving an example because /forum/ is the only option when setting an index controller. I moved one of my forums from the /forum/ directory to the root. I tried setting this .htaccess redirect for the /forum/ directory to send it to the root:

Redirect 301 /forum/ /

I want xenporta to be the root but when I set it as the index, I am not able to use my .htaccess redirect because it turns /forum/ into a route.

That's why I was wondering if xenporta index controller could be a route called /board/ instead of /forum/ that way I can keep the /forum/ directory with the .htaccess file that redirects old /forum/ directory traffic to the root.

Code:
.forum_list .titleBar h1 {
font-size: 0px;
}

This code doesn't get rid of the forum name on the portal page, just the forum list... how do I get rid of it on the portal home.

Is there a user guide for this? My portal page is blank. I can't figure out how to display threads as articles on my portal. It's just a blank page.

Looking at the requests XenPorta makes, I'm seeing files like discussion-new.png, sticky.png, redirect.png, and so forth. Any chance at all of atleast having an option to use the XF UI sprite instead? Just a thought. :p

Figure I will post this here as well and see if anyone can help me out with this.

So I've run into a frustrating happening. I know there are ad code templates built in, but I decided to upload an html block, rename it and use it for a sidebar advertisement. Worked like a charm, no problem. So I uploaded a second html block, renamed it 'Leaderboard' and place the ad code for a leaderboard inside of it. I then placed the leaderboard block below the top breadcrumb in the portal layout. Only to my surprise, placing the html block there messed up all of my padding and margins and made the portal look all screwy. I then placed the same ad code in the ad template for the same spot and no issues. Can anyone explain to me why the custom code for the page gets all messed up when I use the html block but not when I place the ad code right into the ad template? I'd like to somehow create a template to use right under the recentslider in the portal but I don't want it to mess up the custom coding for the page.

Figure I will post this here as well and see if anyone can help me out with this.

So I've run into a frustrating happening. I know there are ad code templates built in, but I decided to upload an html block, rename it and use it for a sidebar advertisement. Worked like a charm, no problem. So I uploaded a second html block, renamed it 'Leaderboard' and place the ad code for a leaderboard inside of it. I then placed the leaderboard block below the top breadcrumb in the portal layout. Only to my surprise, placing the html block there messed up all of my padding and margins and made the portal look all screwy. I then placed the same ad code in the ad template for the same spot and no issues. Can anyone explain to me why the custom code for the page gets all messed up when I use the html block but not when I place the ad code right into the ad template? I'd like to somehow create a template to use right under the recentslider in the portal but I don't want it to mess up the custom coding for the page.
Check that you have closing div tags for every div tag, see if that helps

ddmmh is right. There is a missing div tag in the HTML block that has been shared previously.

Try this one.

Attachments

I'm sure this has been discussed before but for the life of me, I am not able to find out the answer!

I have a forum just for displaying images and having discussions on the images. I have entered this forum id in the recentnews module. But the image appears squished and it seems to be replacing the avatar with the image in the post.

If the promoted thread doesn't have an image, the poster's avatar is used but if there is an image in the promoted post, that image is used in place of the avatar.

How do I change this so that there is NO avatar displayed, and the image is displayed in full?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom