• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.5 CHANGELOG

• Required facebook CSS files have been renamed... delete the old ones in /js/8wayrun/ because they no longer serve a purpose. This change has been made so that your skin can automatically use the correct file depending on the facebook colorscheme of your skin.
  • EventsCalendar block has been fixed in order to deal with a bug that happens only during the "turning" of a month. When dates are clicked, they will no longer link to a weekly view, they will instead popup the single day view. (you wont see this change until the next version of XenAtendo comes out)
  • RecentNews block has been rewritten to minimize the use of preg_matches, which could have sometimes lagged out a server if the posts on your news portal were too long.
  • Thumbnails in RecentNews have been made smaller in order to facilitate space for the new "Tweet/Like" boxes. As well, thumbnails will now link to the thread, instead of the image themselves.

Loving the Facebook and tweet buttons!! Amazing work Jaxel... I tested a big thread and it loaded straight away so Ill keep testing, hopefully all good now :) thanks.

heres the thread incase you wanted to see it http://mmazone.com.au/community/threads/making-maynard.1880/ Cheers

How do i break the content in the portal. If the post has a lot of content..i want it to be broken with link for read more..

EDIT: nvm found it :)

I keep getting errors when I try importing a new module. I was supposed to just create a new xml file and try uploading it through the modules page at the bottom right?

The code for my features.xml file is this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>Features</module_name>
  <module_cache>+1 days</module_cache>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
<h1>Features</h1>
<h2>General Features</h2>

<h2>Room Features</h2>

<h2>User Features</h2>

<h2>Administrative Features</h2>

]]></module_template>
</module>

When reporting an error plz plz plz always share the exact error. A print screen of the error is often nice.

You created two divs but didn't close either of them. Try

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>Features</module_name>
  <module_cache>+1 days</module_cache>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
<h1>Features</h1>
<h2>General Features</h2>

<h2>Room Features</h2>

<h2>User Features</h2>

<h2>Administrative Features</h2>
</div></div>
]]></module_template>
</module>
Oh yeah, is there a way to make new pages as a part of the portal?

Not sure what you mean here. Add the new pages to the nav bar?

I figured out I can't do what I'm trying to do with the portal. I'm attempting to add a new page... well module. to my forums/site. When you click help you see how it's forums/help/ I'm trying to make forums/features/ and it be a page basically like the portal. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the features was the only one I wanted to do I'd just do a xenforo page, but I'm gonna be making a downloads module also. Thanks for giving it attention anyways. I realize now I gotta make an addon.

Oh but that still doesn't explain why it errored so I'll go ahead and copy and paste the full error to help people it actually effects lol

OSPHPChat - Open Source PHP Chat Software

Server Error

EWRporta_Model_Modules::importModule() [ewrporta-model-modules.importmodule]: Node no longer exists
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Model/Modules.php at line 70
  2. EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 105
  3. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/devteam/public_html/site/index.php at line 13

A bit of an issue....

When installing this portal, it places your forum in the /forum folder.
However, the threads have forums in the url, not forum.

ex: http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/forums/local-chat.12/

I'm wondering why this is?

I am not sure why it is set up that way, but it is perfectly normal. My site is the same way, as is Jaxel's.

The natural path to any thread link is "forums". I am not sure why when you click on the "forums" tab it takes you to /forum instead of /forums but I haven't seen any issue from it.

Jaxel,

I got about 10 of these from April 22nd. Anything I should be concerned about? Everything seems to be working fine.

Undefined index: recentthreads_cutoff
library/EWRporta/Block/RecentThreads.php:10

ErrorException: Undefined index: recentthreads_cutoff - library/EWRporta/Block/RecentThreads.php:10
Generated By: Unknown Account, Apr 22, 2011

#0 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/EWRporta/Block/RecentThreads.php(10): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array)
#1 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(111): EWRporta_Block_RecentThreads->getBypass(Array, 1)
#2 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(46): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->getModuleParams()
#3 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(222): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#4 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#5 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#6 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView()
#7 /home/ddb17/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

ARRAY:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "http://www.dodgeboard.com/forums/index.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Found an issue with this mod when editing the modules. If you have quite a few usergroups the actual popup is not scrollable and you cannot see the save/cancel buttons (forgotten what they are named as as I cannot see them :p).

Found an issue with this mod when editing the modules. If you have quite a few usergroups the actual popup is not scrollable and you cannot see the save/cancel buttons (forgotten what they are named as as I cannot see them :p).
for now, a workaround is to change your monitor's resolution so you can see the whole module

A bit of an issue....

When installing this portal, it places your forum in the /forum folder.
However, the threads have forums in the url, not forum.

ex: http://mahoningvalleytalk.com/forums/local-chat.12/

I'm wondering why this is?

This looks normal?

* Normal XF Layout
1: /community/ [xf index]
2: /community/forums/[forum.id]/
3: /community/threads/[thread.id]/

* XF Root Layout
1: / [xf index]
2: /forums/[forum.id]/
3: /threads/[thread.id]/

* XF Root Layout + XenPorta