• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the latest update with the addition of the FB & Twitter buttons to Recent Threads, but the moving of the avatar sized image has made all my threads on the portal look kind of crappy.

Jaxel, I noticed your portal looks good. When you make posts, do you float your images to the left in the original post so they are ready when they show on the portal? On all my threads there is text that winds up under the thread's avatar like the words "so forth" in the image below.

Also, your image sizes are a lot larger. My original images are large enough but they are shrunk down to a much smaller size in my portal. Your images are more then twice as big.

untitled.webp

Would you please tell me what is the best way of upgrading this addon ?

go to the 1st post in this thread, instructions should be there

download the zip file, extract it's contents to your desktop, use ftp to move the files to your web server. Assuming you are on a windows pc then FileZilla is a good FTP program to use, but you can use any. Drop the contents of the upload folder into your forum root, and choose to overwrite existing files.

Next go to your ACP > Home > List Add-ons > find XenPorta and choose Controls > Upgrade

Enter the path to the xml file. If you have your XF installed in the root directory the path will be library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml

Yours appear different then mine. Do you have any templates which need to be reverted?

They are controlled with the EWRporta_block_RecentThreads template

@Jaxel, I suggest removing "Start Date" from Recent Threads. I manually removed it from my portal but you can see it in the image of your portal page. Also the Recently Active Threads headers should be moved over a few pixels.

It looks much worse on my portal. I can fix it with the following
Code:
.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads .sectionHeaders a span {

padding: 0 30px;
}
The problem is the rest of the headers in that line get moved around. How can I adjust just the Recently Active Threads text without affecting the rest of the header?
untitled.webpXenPorta.webp

Interesting. Your fb & twitter icons appear on the left side and your avatar appears on the right side. That is the reverse from my site. I checked Jaxel's site and his is the same as mine.

Template EWRporta_Block_RecentNews contains the code for the twitter and fb icons. It is easy enough to remove the code. As to how to make it smaller, I would like to figure that out too because it definitely appears way oversized to me.

Can i ask why the options for moving the modules are outside of the admin cp? Seems odd to keep them on a completely seperate bit.

Just trying to get to grips with it, i have disabled it being a header link until i can get it up to scratch. Now i don't know how to get to the modules as it seems there is no other link?

So that we don't have to go into the ACP for every little thing. Seems quite a bit easier to me.
There should be a Modules link on your navigation when you click on Home.

Quick question, is it possible to resize a module, because for example the Adsense module is much bigger than the actual ad. Or is that pretty fixed into the layout? Only asking because it's the only module I have on the left and it would be ideal to reclaim some of that space by resizing it down to the size that it needs.

The adsense box made sense when this app was first developed. Since XF went live they added the ad_ templates. Try using ad_sidebar_bottom template. Just paste your Google code in that.

Quick question, is it possible to resize a module, because for example the Adsense module is much bigger than the actual ad. Or is that pretty fixed into the layout? Only asking because it's the only module I have on the left and it would be ideal to reclaim some of that space by resizing it down to the size that it needs.
It sounds like you would like to change the width of the left column. I don't think that is currently possible without also changing the width of the right column. I believe the two columns share the same width definition.

It sounds like you would like to change the width of the left column. I don't think that is currently possible without also changing the width of the right column. I believe the two columns share the same width definition.
If it is following the way XenForo works it won't matter as the right column is set to 100% width, and the left column has a set width.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom