• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just uninstalled this add-on. Even though I had it disabled in the Admin CP, the portal was still being displayed on the forum. I'll wait a bit more before trying again.

It surprised me when I logged in from a test account, saw the portal I had disabled, and also still saw the staff room threads linked out in the open. That means visitors all day have been seeing this.

I'm willing to help and beta test, but it's not suitable for our "live" forum as of yet. Very close though! It's easy to use, attractive, and with XF's templates, easily tweaked.

Just uninstalled this add-on. Even though I had it disabled in the Admin CP, the portal was still being displayed on the forum. I'll wait a bit more before trying again.
I thought I would test this as it seemed a little strange. I can't replicate this. This is even on a forum where I've upgraded from RC1 -> Stable and also from early versions of XenPorta (maybe missed a couple in between) which I thought may have caused issues. It must be a configuration issue on your site? Some caching software may be the culprit? Although I'm using xcache and am not getting the issue at all.

Yeah. I am thinking of uninstalling mine too. Still throwing sporadic errors up in the error log.
I am not seeing any errors in the error log. Maybe you can post them as it would be a little more helpful for Jaxel (if it is a bug).

The RecentThreads module permissions has already been pointed out by Jaxel (it might be good to put this in the OP though). I've disabled it for now as I don't think it's a showstopper not having it available.

--

Jaxel, if possible could you attach an updated changelog? Such Erik does with the Flexile theme? It does get a little hard to browse through a large thread to look for what's changed from version to version. Thanks.

XenPorta is a great product. I use it on my site and have no issues. My server error log is clear with respect to XenPorta. So far this is the one product of Jaxel's which I use 100% and have donated for. If you are having issues, try to offer the full details including exact error msg, screenshots, etc so Jaxel or others can help.

I thought I would test this as it seemed a little strange. I can't replicate this. This is even on a forum where I've upgraded from RC1 -> Gold and also from early versions of XenPorta (maybe missed a couple in between) which I thought may have caused issues. It must be a configuration issue on your site? Some caching software may be the culprit? Although I'm using xcache and am not getting the issue at all.

No configuration issues here that I know of, but I'm not all that familiar with this add-on. At any rate it was clearly disabled, as it was crossed out and greyed in the admin control panel. And after logging in from a different browser, using a test account, neither of which had loaded the portal previously (I had only installed it overnight), the portal page came up right after login. We don't have any caching system on our server yet, although I wonder if something in XF may have cached it...or even in XenPorta, where the system may have been off but the page was served up from the cache.

The RecentThreads module permissions has already been pointed out by Jaxel (it might be good to put this in the OP though). I've disabled it for now as I don't think it's a showstopper not having it available.

RecentThreads was one of the few reasons I wanted a portal in the first place, along with RecentNews. I was working on a one-page wrap-up of the site as an entry point. Once these minor things are worked out, this will suit my purposes perfectly.

One question. When you opened your website what address did you use? If your site is www.mysite.com/forums, and your portal is at www.mysite.com/home, then if the home page physically exists I think you might still view it even if you uninstall the add-on. Also, if you use any re-direct or in your ACP > Options > Basic Board Information you might want to check the page used for Home Page URL.

No configuration issues here that I know of, but I'm not all that familiar with this add-on. At any rate it was clearly disabled, as it was crossed out and greyed in the admin control panel. And after logging in from a different browser, using a test account, neither of which had loaded the portal previously (I had only installed it overnight), the portal page came up right after login. We don't have any caching system on our server yet, although I wonder if something in XF may have cached it...or even in XenPorta, where the system may have been off but the page was served up from the cache.
Well I would guess there is still something wrong with your installation, I would be surprised if it is an issue with XenPorta due to this post from the RC3 update (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-rc3-release-candidate-3.12622/#post-166149). Are you running RC3 or above? Maybe this could be your issue here.

RecentThreads was one of the few reasons I wanted a portal in the first place, along with RecentNews. I was working on a one-page wrap-up of the site as an entry point. Once these minor things are worked out, this will suit my purposes perfectly.
Sure, it is a great feature - however, not having it is not a reason for me to uninstall.

XenPorta is a great product. I use it on my site and have no issues. My server error log is clear with respect to XenPorta. So far this is the one product of Jaxel's which I use 100% and have donated for. If you are having issues, try to offer the full details including exact error msg, screenshots, etc so Jaxel or others can help.

I did in Post 869,876,884,885,888,889. Jaxel posted a "workaround" in post 890 which I applied and thought things were fixed. But noticed earlier today that there are still sporadic session errors and host index errors (I can't remember the exact wording). I cleared all the errors out and haven't gotten any in the past couple hours. When I get another one, I will post all the details, as I should have done.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything Jaxel has done with the contribution of this mod....so much so that I have donated not once, but twice now for XenPorta, $40.

Suggestion for translation:
- Add titles modules to phrase system (translation impossible because the hack doesn't work if translate the title, title = module)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Big problem with RecentThreads module: The threads of private forums show if add "RecentThreads" (the module does not care about permissions = Guest see private title thread but no access fortunately)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text hardcoded: "Enable"

Enable.webp

Jaxel,

Shouldn't the Recent Status, Members Online blocks also be using the <div class="subHeading"></div> instead of <div class="secondaryContent"><h3></h3></div> tags?

My portal page looks like this:
sidebar.webp

I noticed that on your side they all have the same header style, maybe something wrong with my css fileS?

Attached is the current version of RecentThreads.php I am using on my forums.
I lost all my module_settings using this version of the RecentThreads.php file. I copied this module to other areas of the layout. What changes do I need to make the the RecentThreads.php file in order to make this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom