• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jaxel,

My portal news topics look funny, the post title and the created time are all squished together. mmazone.com.au to see for yourself, is there a way I can make it look as good as your site? Thats what I was going for!

Major permissions error: I have a "private" staff forum, accessible only to selected individuals, and it shows up in Recent Threads even to logged-off visitors. Have to deactivate or uninstall until that is fixed.

Major permissions error: I have a "private" staff forum, accessible only to selected individuals, and it shows up in Recent Threads even to logged-off visitors. Have to deactivate or uninstall until that is fixed.
I have a private forum and i dont seem to have the same issues. I would recommend double checking all permissions

Yes same issue in my forum, too!

Do you use the attached file of Jaxel in his post? Remember he pointed that he is at work for the permission issues.
Jaxel said:
Well I'm still having issues with permissions in RecentThreads.php.
As a temporary solution, you can deactivate the module.

I agree with ddmmhh that it is likely a permissions issue. How EXACTLY did you handle permissions for this particular forum? The issue you are describing would occur if, for example, you left users with permissions to the forum but merely hid the node. From your perspective users couldn't "see" the forum so you believe you are safe, but a user still does have permissions to the forum and could open any link to it, so XenPorta would offer them that content.

And you wouldn't have to uninstall nor deactivate XenPorta. Just remove the Recent Threads module from your portal page as Daniel suggested.

I there I have tried a few Things, but I still have two problems with the recent Threads module:

1) The Sort Order ist wrong (different?) Now the oldest Post is the first und the newest one the last. I think this was different in earlier versions

2) the permission System doesn't work. I have checked my permissions twice in the admin panel an they are right. In the Version before it workes great, but in the current version I think there is a bug :)

Thanks

Benny

Do you use the attached file of Jaxel in his post? Remember he pointed that he is at work for the permission issues.

No, I didn't see that file. I was in the middle of a 4am caffeine-induced haze when I installed it, and didn't have time to wade through all 45 pages of thready goodness. :D Thanks for the tip!

I'll deactivate it until he has an official fix...just wanted to be sure he was aware of it. (y)

I just noticed an issue that was maybe mentioned earlier but I didn't spot.

The xml file has changed name from:
addon_EWRporta.xml to addon-EWRporta.xml

I just tried upgrading but used the name that had been stored in the form box and it was the wrong one. I couldn't work out why the version number wasn't changing and this was why.

I just noticed something, don't have time to read through 45 prior pages...when I had enabled the Recent News block, there was an empty "container" (for lack of a better word) even if there were posts to populate it with. Not particularly troublesome, but it does take up screen space. I can dump a screen shot here if needed, and apologies if this was already reported.

On the RecentNews module you have it so you can select the forums "recentnews_forum" to fetch content - Could you please do the same for the RecentThreads module?

1) The Sort Order ist wrong (different?) Now the oldest Post is the first und the newest one the last. I think this was different in earlier versions
Can confirm... While everything is working good for me, it is in reverse order.
Funny because the Thread model only has a desc check or orderDirection. Taking out the orderDirection doesn't flip directions.

I there I have tried a few Things, but I still have two problems with the recent Threads module:

2) the permission System doesn't work. I have checked my permissions twice in the admin panel an they are right. In the Version before it workes great, but in the current version I think there is a bug :)

Thanks

Benny

Change desc to asc in the rescentthreads.php file in the /library/EWRporta/Blocks folder.

Change desc to asc in the rescentthreads.php file in the /library/EWRporta/Blocks folder.

asc is an invalid option in the Thread model. You can either pass null or desc...
null = asc where desc is desc...
if ignoring this and changing desc to asc, the script doesn't return and values at all.

RecentThreads.php
Code:
$fetchOptions = array(
            'order' => 'last_post_date',
           [B] 'orderDirection' => 'asc',[/B]
            'limit' => $options['recentthreads_limit'],
        );

On the RecentNews module you have it so you can select the forums "recentnews_forum" to fetch content - Could you please do the same for the RecentThreads module?

That might be a good way to omit those threads you don't really want featured, such as off-topic threads. Not necessary, but it would be a nice addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom