• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaxel would definitely appreciate the donation! Plus, with the donation you get to do the brand removal ;)

Good luck on setting it up! :)

Well looks amazing so far. Seems to be working well, ill be doing a little testing over the next couple of days and if all seems well i will be keeping the portal and making a donation.

If anybody is interested in checking out my portal installation

Please note this is just development, site is 3 days old! If you wish to post for testing go nuts! Just please nothing that shouldnt be posted!

http://www.mmazone.com.au/community/portal

So google doesnt index my site as it isnt ready yet theres a username and password on the site which is 1/1

I have to give big thanks to Steve @ xenfs.com for the template

Steve also designed my logo which I think is outstanding! Also the forum read/unread icons that are really cool.

Please ignore facebook feature in bottom left of the forum. Also the messagebox to write/reply will be changed from white to a darker colour shortly.

Looking good so far. My cousin is an MMA fighter, his name is Javier "Showtime" Vazquez. He's fighting in a few days and will become a UFC fighter officially in a month or two if all goes as planned since WEC got bought out by UFC.

FYI: I noticed on your search field, the search terms that you type are not showing up. The text color should be changed there because you can't see what you're typing.

Looking good so far. My cousin is an MMA fighter, his name is Javier "Showtime" Vazquez. He's fighting in a few days and will become a UFC fighter officially in a month or two if all goes as planned since WEC got bought out by UFC.

FYI: I noticed on your search field, the search terms that you type are not showing up. The text color should be changed there because you can't see what you're typing.

Thats impressive man, hope he does well. My brother is also named Javier, we are from Argentina, you?

Thanks for noticing that bug! I will report it to steve so he may update it, thanks :)

Well looks amazing so far. Seems to be working well, ill be doing a little testing over the next couple of days and if all seems well i will be keeping the portal and making a donation.
Your site has a blog. Should you have any plan to integrate them?

Your site has a blog. Should you have any plan to integrate them?

I was going to integrate the blog(wordpress) but decided against it for now as I dont need a lot of the features and I am on a small VPS thats only really only good for smaller loads. So by using the forum to run everything my site should be a lot faster :)

My site structure is http://citytalk.hk/community
Should you suggest how to redirct http://citytalk.hk to http://citytalk.hk/community/portal

Thanks.

Hi Weiyan,

Are you asking me how I re-directed home to the portal? If thats what you mean that was the easy part. in Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information > Home Page URL > Whatever address you put there is the address the user will go to when they click 'home' in the forum.

If your asking how to redirect citytalk.hk to the portal that can be done a few different ways I think but cpanel can do it quite easily i believe. Someone else might be able to suggest the best way? I am not too familiar out of cpanel.

I am still not sure if youre asking or suggesting I point my domain to my portal but if thats the case then yes I will when I go live. Right now its no big deal for me ;)

I was going to integr :)
Thanks. I originall integrate wp with xf. Finally put everything in the forums. Users complain its invonvient. Hope in near future there is a portal whivh I can put featured posts there.

The original http root is wp, then /community for forums. I want to redirect the root to /community, but not sure whether its better to dircet the root to communiy.

eg. My existing configuration is: citytalk.hk -> wp
citytalk.hk/community ->xf
I want to rediredt the root to /community, skip the wp.

If set the /community to be root, I think there may some issue in future. The furums of this site is also one level below root. Should you have any idea about the root?

I'm having problems. I have uploaded all files,installed add-on successfully and set user permissions. However,the Portal Tab is not showing up. Jaxel,if you want I can PM you an admin login.

EDIT: I know what I'm doing wrong. What is the portal link for those who do not use the "friendly" URL's?

Many people (including me) would use this as a front page news system. I don't think it is a good idea to display user avatar in a news article. Instead, a thumbnail of the first attachment in the post would be better.

Try removing the "?"'s from your url. When i try mine with "?" inside i can't see it either. but if i try it like this: /portal/modules i see them just fine.

Thanks Jaxel, I've installed as test for now, this is great work :)

One question that has been placed already in the old portal thread, don't the blocks/modules take into account usergroups permissions for their content? For example in my latest threads block I can see as guest threads that I don't have access to (from private forums for example). Am I missing something or is this going to be fixed in later stage? :)
In addition to our question about about the permissions, I have a couple of additional questions....

Can you make an option to allow more than one forum to select your 'news' from?
Can we have attachments display as a featured image in the post?
And finally, can we move the latest threads to the sidebar rather than having it above the 'news' articles/posts?

Any updates or suggestions Jaxel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom