• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about creating your block .xml file on your desktop and then just uploading it?
While a nice option not everyone wants to edit xml files, some people like a nice GUI to work on, the whole point of having the Create Block option in the first place.

I have read through much of this thread throughout an entire day, but I do not see any specifics about the Categories. How to activate them? How to categorize, etc. I already installed Xenporta on a test site and even created some custom blocks, but before I purchase the unbranded version I want to make sure the Categories feature is what I want. Any help greatly appreciated :)

I have read through much of this thread throughout an entire day, but I do not see any specifics about the Categories. How to activate them? How to categorize, etc. I already installed Xenporta on a test site and even created some custom blocks, but before I purchase the unbranded version I want to make sure the Categories feature is what I want. Any help greatly appreciated :)

I could be wrong but I don't think categories are in this version. I believe Jaxel said they'll be in the next version.

Renada :)

This category addition... Could this be an early stage for a tagging addon as well as similar threads addon made by jaxel?
smiley_heart.gif

This is definitely a wonderful mod:)

Just have a few questions:

1. Just got this message when I try to enter the board - after activating the Recentnews I get this:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 10 in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 24
  6. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 112
  7. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 67
  8. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  11. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/index.php at line 13
2. Will the mediarecent block show the newest uploaded photos? If that is the case I cant get it to work. Nothing happens even though I have uploaded 3 new photos - any ideas?

I could be wrong but I don't think categories are in this version. I believe Jaxel said they'll be in the next version.

Renada :)

Thank you very much for responding :) I was curious because I see Categories on the 8wayrun site itself, and earlier in this long thread (can't find it again right now) someone mentioning Categories.

On another note, I also seen someone mention that if you create a new layout, with Layout name none or "(type)" and then whatever ID you want (let's say 'News' for instance) it could create a new tab in the Navigation and be a completely separate page. What do I need to do to activate this new layout/page as a tab in the navigation?

Also, is their anyway to change the route or route prefix on these new pages so they are not under portal? I'm not too worried about the addon creating the navigation tabs for me, because I can go manually add those in and link to these new pages, but on the 8wayrun site their is no "portal/" before these extra pages/layouts (e.g. http://8wayrun.com/media/ and http://8wayrun.com/chat/).

Thank you in advance :)

Any way to add a list of the forums as a module under the latest threads? I know I could manually add links to all the forums, but it would be great to have a module that listed the forums automatically (and maybe the last poster, etc)

It is a requirement for creating a block. My argument is = why should you have to put your whole forum into debug mode just for that feature.
Because you can't create master templates, hooks or master phrases without putting your forum in debug mode... All things used by the block creation system.

Thank you very much for responding :) I was curious because I see Categories on the 8wayrun site itself, and earlier in this long thread (can't find it again right now) someone mentioning Categories.
Also, is their anyway to change the route or route prefix on these new pages so they are not under portal? I'm not too worried about the addon creating the navigation tabs for me, because I can go manually add those in and link to these new pages, but on the 8wayrun site their is no "portal/" before these extra pages/layouts (e.g. http://8wayrun.com/media/ and http://8wayrun.com/chat/).

Thank you in advance :)

On another note, I also seen someone mention that if you create a new layout, with Layout name none or "(type)" and then whatever ID you want (let's say 'News' for instance) it could create a new tab in the Navigation and be a completely separate page. What do I need to do to activate this new layout/page as a tab in the navigation?

I think you could be confusing the tabs with this addon by Jake.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs-with-tab-selection.23295/

Also this FAQ should help you sort out a lot of things too. You can also search this thread by clicking "Search" at the top and checking the box to "Search this thread only".

Hope that helps :)

Renada

Thank you again Renada for your reply. I was not confused between the add-ons though, read through the entire FAQ several times already and know how to use the search function lol, but thank you again. :)

I've already created my additional pages (layouts) as wanted, I just want to know how to remove the prefix directory ( "portal/" ) like on the 8wayrun site. In the FAQs it says:

FAQs said:
This additional portal layout can then be accessed from /portal/{layout}/index (e.g. (/portal/media/index).

however on the 8wayrun site you see:

8wayrun said:

If I can get that to work and then use the Categories feature I will definitely purchase this addon :D

Is it possible for XenPorta to automatically put in ONE picture from your promoted thread on the frontpage and NOT depend on how much text the thread contains. I mean so you don't need to care about where in the thread you put the pictures, so there are always ONE picture at the most in the previews.

Thanks for your help!:)

I've already created my additional pages (layouts) as wanted, I just want to know how to remove the prefix directory ( "portal/" ) like on the 8wayrun site. In the FAQs it says:

however on the 8wayrun site you see:

If I can get that to work and then use the Categories feature I will definitely purchase this addon :D

I've never quite got my head around how you do that to be honest but I think you have to have your forum in the root of your site. I'm sure someone else will have the right answer though :)

Regards,
Renada

Try using this in EXTRA.css template of your style.
Code:
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item { display: none !important;}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item:last-child { display: none !important;}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image { display: none !important;}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title { display: none !important; }

Salud2

Um, this removed the images and text but left the empty black space where it was behind? Any idea how to remove that? I've played around with the CSS but can't hide it.

Ideally I'd like it how 8wayrun's website is but can't seem to find any instructions on how to get it that way.

In case anyone else finds this useful, to get your recent slider the same as 8wayrun's website (remove thumbnail/small images from slider tabs, make the titles larger and make them fill the space the thumbs left), add this to extra.css:

Code:
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title{font-size:16px !important}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image{display:none}
.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title{margin-right:0px !important}

And to make the recent news titles bigger, add this:

Code:
.newsTitle{font-size:1.3em !important}

I must be missing something as i can not tell how to get the slider on. I thought it was called slider. Is there a general manual for portal

I must be missing something as i can not tell how to get the slider on. I thought it was called slider. Is there a general manual for portal

No, sadly there is not really much besides this forum post and a couple of hundred pages to sift through.

Drag the Recent Slider block to where you want it to appear on your Xenporta portal layout. If the slider isn't in the list, you need to install the XML from the XML_Addons folder in library/EWRporta/XML_Addons on your Xenforo root folder.

No, sadly there is not really much besides this forum post and a couple of hundred pages to sift through.

Drag the Recent Slider block to where you want it to appear on your Xenporta portal layout. If the slider isn't in the list, you need to install the XML from the XML_Addons folder in library/EWRporta/XML_Addons on your Xenforo root folder.

Thanks that is what i needed to know. I was trying to import them all at once but did it one by one. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom