• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'm getting two home buttons for some reason. Is there a way to disable the default one?

XenPorta User Guide and FAQ

After installing XenPorta, I have two “Home” tabs in the navigation bar, one pointing to my home page and the other pointing to the portal. How can I fix this to have only one “Home” tab that points to my portal page?

To fix this, in your XenForo ACP go to Home > Options > Basic Board Information and clear the “Home Page URL” field. Doing so will remove the “Home” tab pointing to your home page and the remaining “Home” tab shall point to your portal page.

XenPorta User Guide and FAQ

After installing XenPorta, I have two “Home” tabs in the navigation bar, one pointing to my home page and the other pointing to the portal. How can I fix this to have only one “Home” tab that points to my portal page?

To fix this, in your XenForo ACP go to Home > Options > Basic Board Information and clear the “Home Page URL” field. Doing so will remove the “Home” tab pointing to your home page and the remaining “Home” tab shall point to your portal page.
Thank you both of you :)

I re-uploaded the XenPorta files and upgraded the add-on again, and things seems to have been fixed. But I'd like to know what caused that error so that I don't repeat the same mistake again :eek:
Things not uploading "completely", "properly" ... etc ... seems to be an ongoing issue.
Hard to say if it is the end users or not.
I suspect it is an end user issue.
Xenforo addons seem to require uploading files to more than one directory.
Ideally, the process would become easier.
Wordpress upgrades and adding addons is very friendly to the admins, and should be used as a goal for xenforo in the future.

Ok so my blocks won't move in the Layout:PORTAL page on my dev install and I don't know why. I have permissions, and I can move the blocks on my live forum so I know it's not a browser issue. There really aren't that many options so I don't know what the problem could be. Blocks aren't locked from moving in their individual settings. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Ok so my blocks won't move in the Layout:PORTAL page on my dev install and I don't know why. I have permissions, and I can move the blocks on my live forum so I know it's not a browser issue. There really aren't that many options so I don't know what the problem could be. Blocks aren't locked from moving in their individual settings. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Did you "Customize this Page" in the front end at some point? If the blocks aren't locked in position it doesn't matter where you move them in the acp if you've customized the page for yourself. Just a thought...

Things not uploading "completely", "properly" ... etc ... seems to be an ongoing issue.
Hard to say if it is the end users or not.
I suspect it is an end user issue.
Xenforo addons seem to require uploading files to more than one directory.
Ideally, the process would become easier.
Wordpress upgrades and adding addons is very friendly to the admins, and should be used as a goal for xenforo in the future.
But my issue wasn't with uploading at all, it was working fine for a long time and suddenly stopped working :P But yea re-uploading fixed it so...I'm still wondering what actually went wrong.

I have a few questions to ask you guys and I hope that you will be able to assit me.
1. If you look at the attached image to this post you will notice that post's I promote to the portal are not being aligned correctly on the page. I am guessing this is to do with the fact that the block is in the top-left corner or...?
2. Also in the image you will notice that the post is only taking up half the page. How do I make the post take up the whole page like this? Do I need to create a new layout or...?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 24
did you upload the javascript files ?
Yeah they are, though you wouldn't know it from the behavior. That was the first thing I checked after setting permissions didn't work.
Did you "Customize this Page" in the front end at some point? If the blocks aren't locked in position it doesn't matter where you move them in the acp if you've customized the page for yourself. Just a thought...
No I haven't been able to get the blocks to move from their "out of the box" state on the bottom 'Disabled blocks' row. They don't move at all even to drag and drop them into place in the ACP.

I was able to export the layout from my other forum so at least I have a way to set it for now. I will figure it out eventually. It will probably be something really stupid like a file permission on the server or something.

Edit: lol yup it was a file permission on the server. I set the whole library file to www-data and it started working right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom