• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that doesn't work the other way round does it? Jaxel already includes most of the default forum sidebar modules in xenporta anyway but having the xenporta sidebar modules in the forum sidebar is what people want.

But that doesn't work the other way round does it? Jaxel already includes most of the default forum sidebar modules in xenporta anyway but having the xenporta sidebar modules in the forum sidebar is what people want.
He was asking for ...the sidebar on the portal....
I was just giving a suggestion ;)
But anyway Jaxel is working on it so no need to make a big drama of it ;)

Sorry for noob but after upload and import, the portal in my forum is only like this
porta.webp
From left to right of navigation is 'Whatched Thread', 'Recent Activities', 'What's New' and 'Help'. There is nothing that help me to post a new thing or setup the modules. Help me :(

You just need to add the recentslider module :-)

One problem I'm having is that the text on the left doesn't seem to be wrapping in IE8. Jaxel, any chance you could post the changes you made to the slider for 8WR (i.e. removing the thumbnails and getting the text to wrap nicely)?

Portal seems good so far i am thinking of getting it back again but i have one question about slider on top you have there jaxel is it possible to feature one picture from each threads if there are pictures posted in those threads featured in slider instead of thumbnails ? Slider should be able to resize any one random image from each thread and show it . If it's possible that would be good for the site i am running on the moment.

Weird thing alert!! :eek:

portal_login_span.webp

I'm getting a full pageWidth login box when logging in from the Portal screen!
Any style, even the default.

XF v1.0.2
Portal Version: v1.4.2 (current) after just upgrading from v1.3.8

Sure, first step is take a look at the twitter operators: http://search.twitter.com/operators

There is a bit of learning to do about how twitter searches work. It is not difficult, but you will probably need to experiment and tweak a bit. In short:

1. Determine if there is a hashtag you want to follow. An example would be #Superbowl. Anyone who uses twitter can send a message using #superbowl and if your search includes that hash tag, you will see it.

2. If you want to see all the tweets from a specific account, use the from: operator such as from:xenforo. If you want all the tweets to a specific account, use the to: operate such as to:xenforo. If you wish to have any tweets mentioning an account use the @ operator like @xenforo.

If you go to any XenPorta home page and hover your mouse over the "Join The Conversation" link, you will see what search results are displayed in the block.

this is way overkill for this module in my opinion. i don't update my twitter very often, and from what ive seen the twitter search only goes back a few days? so the inability to show all my tweets is pretty frustrating. is there a way to do a twitter search for all my tweets made ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom