• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Module Add-Ons)

This is the myRSSParser add-on/module to XenPorta. After you install myRSSParser, you configure the settings and then you get a parsed RSS feed on the XenPorta portal page.
I get this error message.
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
/data/myRSSParser set to 777

I get this error message.
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
/data/myRSSParser set to 777

Does your server allow fopen to fetch HTTP content with allow_url_fopen enabled? Double check that /data and /data/myRSSParser are 777 permissions. Maybe a bad feed? Try deleting /data/myRSSParser/myRSSParser.txt and let the code create it. Not a very information error message, lol, but if I had to guess, something is preventing the feed from either a) being fetched from the HTTP link and/or b) being written to the /data/myRSSParser directory.

Does your server allow fopen to fetch HTTP content with allow_url_fopen enabled? Double check that /data and /data/myRSSParser are 777 permissions. Maybe a bad feed? Try deleting /data/myRSSParser/myRSSParser.txt and let the code create it. Not a very information error message, lol, but if I had to guess, something is preventing the feed from either a) being fetched from the HTTP link and/or b) being written to the /data/myRSSParser directory.
allow_url_fopen On
http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories OK
/data/myRSSParser/myRSSParser.txt Deleted
Enabled module

It's running. Odd, but thanks.

By request... CALENDAR! XenAtendo mod required!

Upload EventsCalendar.php to the /EWRporta/Block/ folder...
Create an XML file called "EventsCalendar.xml" and import it with the following contents:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>EventsCalendar</module_name>
  <module_cache>now</module_cache>
  <module_settings/>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<xen:require css="EWRatendo.css" />

<div class="section">
	<div class="secondaryContent">
		<h3><a href="{xen:link 'events_monthly', $EventsCalendar.block}">{$EventsCalendar.block.title}</a></h3>

<xen:include template="EWRatendo_Monthly_Bit_Small">
			<xen:map from="$EventsCalendar.today" to="$today" />
			<xen:map from="$EventsCalendar.block.dates" to="$dates" />
		</xen:include>
	</div>
</div>]]></module_template>
</module>

Attachments

For the Recent Threads module how would I go about creating multiple instances of this? I'd like to have one for each of our major forums showing on the front page. Have had a look at the code and attempted to create a new module based on default recent threads code but have been unable to figure it out.

Also in the next version... Status Update Poster...

Untitled-1.webp

Using the new "load_class_datawriter" event listener, status updates and caching are more streamlined... Whenever a status update is posted or deleted, it will automatically clear the cache for the StatusUpdates module block. This is very similar to how the current RecentNews module block works.

For the Recent Threads module how would I go about creating multiple instances of this? I'd like to have one for each of our major forums showing on the front page. Have had a look at the code and attempted to create a new module based on default recent threads code but have been unable to figure it out.

I've edited the Recent News module myself, and the one thing I overlooked was ensuring the variables in the actual php file reflect the changed variables.

Here's how I went at it. I opened up RecentNews, and saved it under a different name. Important is that you change the modulename setting, as well as all the name of the module_settings in order to ensure the options/settings are stored under a different name than the original (in case you want to have different values per instance). In the case of RecentThreads, see the items marked red below:

Code:
  <module_name>[COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]RecentThreads[/COLOR]</module_name>
  <module_cache>now</module_cache>
  <module_settings>
    <[COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]recentthreads_limit[/COLOR] desc="Recent Thread Limit?" format="">3</recentthreads_limit>
  </module_settings>

If you rename RecentThreads to RecentThreadsNewsForum, I'd change the name of the recentthreads_limit to something like recenthtreadsnewsforum_limit or something along those lines.

The next step is to head over to the EWRporta\Blocks file, and copy the RecentThreads.php there to RecentThreadsNewsForum.php. In here, look for the piece of code below:

Code:
        $fetchOptions = array(
            'join' => XenForo_Model_Thread::FETCH_FORUM | XenForo_Model_Thread::FETCH_USER,
            'readUserId' => $visitorID,
            'postCountUserId' => $visitorID,
            'order' => 'last_post_date',
            'orderDirection' => 'desc',
            'limit' => $options['[COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]recentthreads_limit[/COLOR]'],
        );

The name in red should be changed to the value you picked above (recenthtreadsnewsforum_limit), and in order for it to limit the selection to a specific forum, I think you can just add in a line like

Code:
'forum_id' => 1,

into the array above.

That should about do the trick (note: I did not test this, but I cannot imagine it's much more complicated than that).

Also in the next version... Status Update Poster...

View attachment 10856

Using the new "load_class_datawriter" event listener, status updates and caching are more streamlined... Whenever a status update is posted or deleted, it will automatically clear the cache for the StatusUpdates module block. This is very similar to how the current RecentNews module block works.
will i have the option of keeping the older status block?
id prefer people not to post updates from the block.

Anyone here who can guide me - where to change the weeks days characters in the calendar modules.. The first char in fx (M) in monday..

calendar-char.webp

Thanks in advance..

Jaxel´s Portal is a very nice Addon which becomes better and better, but i wasn´t that happy whith the Design of the Recent News Modul why i just done a very little recode to it. Its not 100% because i am really no coder. I have two lines, the grey and the blue underneath the footer class and the grey should be above. Maybe anybody can help me with this?!
Unbenannt.webp

Attached is the "edited" Module

Attachments

This is the myRSSParser add-on/module to XenPorta. After you install myRSSParser, you configure the settings and then you get a parsed RSS feed on the XenPorta portal page.

See the below screenshot, which is generated from a Yahoo RSS news feed, but you can set whatever RSS feed you want. Check the readme file in the ZIP for more information.
Is this working with 1.2.6?

SUGGESTION:
To those making additional modules, maybe it would be best to start your own thread that way you can edit the first post with the latest version and a change log. Also include references to Jaxel's XenPorta.

Otherwise this thread will get out of hand, especially since we can't search within a thread [yet].

And maybe as the subject [XenPorta Module: My module name]
I was looking for a module and have found at least two versions.

That is all and thank you everyone for your contributions.

Top Bottom