• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This add-on is so sexy, I can't stop looking at it. I best put some videos on the damn site soon!

Hi jaxel .. Thanks a ton for this. I am getting one error though; please check the attached image. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• xenmedio.webp
    xenmedio.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 47
Hi jaxel .. Thanks a ton for this. I am getting one error though; please check the attached image. What could be the problem?
create a folder in /data/ called /media/ and CHMOD it 777... I forgot to add this step to the install procedure in the first version. Then delete and resubmit your videos. In the next version, there will be the option to manually upload thumbnails.

Will locally hosted video's come with the free version? Or do you need to buy that as well?
I will make the XML files for locally hosted videos free... but you'll still need to buy the premium edition expansion in order to import said XML files.

I will make the XML files for locally hosted videos free... but you'll still need to buy the premium edition expansion in order to import said XML files.

Does that mean we can upload video files instead of adding from youtube etc? Thanks.

How much we have to pay for Premium edition this one is awesome :)

I had this problem too. I then made the data and internal_data directories writeable by the webserver (chmod 0777).

ibaker: I believe you are correct. Not sure anyone would all those services, mind you.

Copyright removal - optional.

That being said, I wonder if a different payment plan would work.
Like $10 for everyone or
$20 - with support included.

This app is too good to be "free". IMO.

I am on the lookout for replacement mods and I currently use vbTubePro.
There are 2 things that I like about that one and hopefully they can be added to this one if it isn't pushing it :):
(1) - there is an option to automatically create a forum thread when a video is added
(2) - a YouTube browser where a click of a button it adds the video to the library.
neat feature suggestions:
(1) seems like a good idea.
(2) seems like a good idea, but a bit niche.

using xF Beta 3, on install I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Helper_File::getExternalDataPath() in /home/xarcell/public_html/xarchology.com/library/EWRmedio/Install.php on line 171

Okay... I couldnt sleep... so I converted all the small little icons into SPRITES...

EWRmedio.png

BTW, in case people are wondering... by default, the system is set up to display THREE media per row. You can easily change this setting in "EWRmedio.css"...

Find:
Code:
.mediaList li
{
	float: left;
	width: 33.3%;
	text-align: center;
}

Just change "width" to whatever you want. If you changed it to 25%, that would be 4 per row... if you changed it to 20%, that would be 5 per row. You can also define a static width such as 200px.

Jaxel, I honestly think you should start charging for your add-ons to ensure their long-term development. I mean setting up a dedicated site for support and sale of your products. This will benefit the whole XenForo community. I understood Brian from vbadvanced.com is reluctant to get involved with XenForo. Could you please consider releasing something similar to vBa Dynamics for file sharing?

Jaxel, I honestly think you should start charging for your add-ons to ensure their long-term development. I mean setting up a dedicated site for support and sale of your products. This will benefit the whole XenForo community. I understood Brian from vbadvanced.com is reluctant to get involved with XenForo. Could you please consider releasing something similar to vBa Dynamics for file sharing?

+1

Your Joking, Brian not doing XenAdvanced...my whole site is based on CMPS, Dynamics and Links :(
Brian might be waiting for XenForo to go Gold. But he doesn't seem to be enthused by XenForo. Same goes to Seven from vBTube.com.

Getting the following error when trying to add http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu7Abqr8b6M

Server Error

Undefined index: yt$state
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php(53) : eval()'d code at line 1
  2. eval() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php at line 53
  3. EWRmedio_Model_Submit->fetchFeedInfo() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 238
  4. EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->actionMediaSubmit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/public/index.php at line 15
thanks... fixed for next version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom