• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your Forum Titles ! Well done.
Consider adding your site to the Showcase.
Alot of people could benefit from your cool work !

Not yet the sidebar isn't quite right yet it needs the category images - they don't show up.
But thank you so much for such a powerful compliment.

Getting ready to donate - this is a lovely mod.

I have a small number of "About"info pages done in XF Pages.
Would much prefer as wiki pages because XF Pages don't do BBcode for quick updates.
But wiki pages don't offer option to sisplay them in the main forums list.

I think this would be good because adding a few key wiki nodes to the main forums list would show the wiki as a central part of the XF.

Is this doable?

Here's my forums list
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/forumxf

Here's how I want it to look so a selected wiki page is right there under each category node.
wiki-example.webp

Hi all,

When creating a table using the HTML tab the font size is very small and I can't find where to change it. The normal pages display text in a readable size but the tables seem to display text a lot smaller.

Does anyone know how I change this please?

Renada :)

I can't see any table edit - where please? I'd like to use it. If I use the dropdown to select html it makes no difference.

Later OK I can get at the html but only if I open the edit form
select html
close form
open it again.

I have tried a simple table edit to make 2 columns but it does not display.

<table align=center><tr><td>CONTENT</td>
<td>CONTENT2<</td></tr></table>

Very simple so I don't know what could be wrong.

I have some top level category pages - but some topic pages definitely belong in more than one category.

Need a way to place a duplicate page in one or more other categories.
Or some other method - single choice category is not enough.
I've used a system where I could create a duplicate forum, which appeared very similar as a title link but actually acted as a link to the original version.

I could just duplicate the item in both wiki categories but that would be bad for editing and updating.

I can't see any table edit - where please? I'd like to use it. If I use the dropdown to select html it makes no difference.

Later OK I can get at the html but only if I open the edit form
select html
close form
open it again.

I have tried a simple table edit to make 2 columns but it does not display.

<table align=center><tr><td>CONTENT</td>
<td>CONTENT2<</td></tr></table>

Very simple so I don't know what could be wrong.

Click "Create New Page" - it defaults to BBCode so from the drop down select HTML then paste in your code. Your code worked in the test page I created.

Renada thank you.

This is difficult because this page is the wiki index page. So I can't just make a new page to replace it. It has to have the same name or I have to redo al my links to it. Nor can I rename the old one to move it out of the way.

It should be possible to edit a page in html without creating a new page every time, surely.
I'd have to create it as a new page copying the old content - then delete the old page and rename the new one the same as the old one. Every time I want to do a small edit in html. No no.
Also what implications does this have for child pages?

Later - this is really annoying. I open the page to edit it.
The edit option is already set to html. The code I want in html is right there.
I Save Page - but only text edits are Saved. GRRRR.

Renada thank you.

This is difficult because this page is the wiki index page. So I can't just make a new page to replace it. It has to have the same name or I have to redo al my links to it. Nor can I rename the old one to move it out of the way.

It should be possible to edit a page in html without creating a new page every time, surely.
I'd have to create it as a new page copying the old content - then delete the old page and rename the new one the same as the old one. Every time I want to do a small edit in html. No no.
Also what implications does this have for child pages?

Later - this is really annoying. I open the page to edit it.
The edit option is already set to html. The code I want in html is right there.
I Save Page - but only text edits are Saved. GRRRR.

hmmm that doesn't sound right because it doesn't work that way on mine. You can and should be able to edit pages without having to recreate them. Have you changed anything that might be stopping you doing this?

Logical improvement. Looks much nicer.

I think it might be nice if people could make their own HTML page to replace the Page List.
Especially if they have a lower number of pages (say under 20).
They could add some images and make it look nicer.
Well, that being said, it is just a Page List and they should make the Wiki Index Look better first :)
Oh snap @ http://8wayrun.com/wiki/special/pages

How do I get my wiki index page to look like this? That is all I need the wiki for.

I'm doing two glossarys, Media Law and Mass Media.

Oh snap @ http://8wayrun.com/wiki/special/pages

How do I get my wiki index page to look like this? That is all I need the wiki for.

I'm doing two glossarys, Media Law and Mass Media.
I think it is changed for the next version of XenCarta, which is unreleased.
Ask Jaxel to either release a new XenCarta or show you the changes he made.
Keep in mind, the "Home Page" of your wiki will be the index, and it sounds like you want to use /special/pages as the Home Page. That could require some changes as well.

How many pages are you thinking you'll have in 6 months ?

I think it is changed for the next version of XenCarta, which is unreleased.
Ask Jaxel to either release a new XenCarta or show you the changes he made.
Keep in mind, the "Home Page" of your wiki will be the index, and it sounds like you want to use /special/pages as the Home Page. That could require some changes as well.

How many pages are you thinking you'll have in 6 months ?
On second thought, I don't want it for the wiki home page. I'm gonna try something else. But that a through z index, it's coming with his next version of xencarta forreal? I could do it now though with some research huh. Hmm.

Hope you don't mind but my two little questions got lost up the page.

I was asking about selected wiki pages displaying in the node list with forums - like XF Pages do?
Otherwise it makes the wiki look secondary which is not my idea of it. I'd MUCH rather put my top level info pages in wiki pages than in XF Pages. XFPages are no fun to edit.

The other enquiry is how to handle it when a wiki topic belongs in more than one category.
A forums can act as a link so a search or a view shows it looking like a forum - but it takes you to the real forum in another area.
It would be so useful if a wiki page could act as a link in the same way.
Or perhaps there is another workaround for a wiki topic in multiple categories?

oh okay I understand special pages now. Had to take a second look. I just realized I have the same thing on my site, just not as awesome.

Is anyone able to confirm that this works for xF 1.1b5? I want to install it however have just started advertising our site today and cant afford to break it.

Say if you have some wiki content you want to show to guests then some of it in the entry that you want to be hidden from guests with a 'You must be logged in to view the rest of this content' type of message. How do we do that using bbcode or html/php?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom