• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.3 CHANGELOG
  • added support for multiple event forums (you will need to recheck your settings).
    • users will be given an option to select which forum to add their event to.
    • the correct forum will automatically be selected based on their location of origin.
    • forums will display only the events from that forum on their forum display.
Wonderful :D Thank you so much

Hello there Jaxel. Nice mod you did :)

Can you make a sidebar widget that shows the calendar?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-widget-framework.11324/unread

Thank you
biggrin.png

Run the following command on your database:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `EWRatendo_events` DROP INDEX `thread_id`

I've never run any commands on my database, but I seem to have worked out how to do it without breaking anything, so that's cool - cheers Jaxel. :)

For your next question... use CTRL + CLICK.

D'oh, I am a plonker. :oops:

Right, now I've finished providing holiday cover running a mate's business for him, I've got the time to start playing with the latest version.

Revisiting my original wish list there were 3 things I needed in order to run this on my site and trigger a decent donation.

1 - A 'Week to View' option, which you have done a great job with, so much better than vB.

2 - The option to add 'recurring events' - sadly requiring users to come back at some point in the future, when the event finally ends to cancel the event and prevent it re-appearing in the calendar is not going to work with my lazy users. Even when an event has been cancelled due to, for example, bad weather they tend not to remember to amend their listing - I can see the calendar getting filled with loads of events that are no longer happening, which would kill the site.

Ideally I need an option for the user to select a final date for recurring events, i.e. this event recurs every week until 30/9/11 only, but I understand that's not possible, is that correct?

Assuming I've got that right, I've been thinking of ways around it and the best I can come up with it the idea that the system could perhaps e-mail an event organiser once the event has occurred reminding them that the event has now passed and if it is recurring to edit the date of their event and including a link to event. Would it be possible to add a function such as this?

3 - The option to run multiple calendars, ideally each connected to a different forum - I am loving being able to use different forums now and was wondering if it would now be possible to have the option of having different calendar displays, i.e. Event Calendar 1 only displays events from Forum 1, Event Calendar 2 from Forum 2, etc.?

I did originally offer a donation of $100 if all three of these things could be covered, I would be happy to pay that now if you/we can come up with a workable, for me, option to cover item 2 and a further $50 if item 3 can be introduced.

I'd like to use this for a gaming forum where events are "virtual", is that a problem with this mod? Meaning is the Google map a required field?

Also, can this post to different forums for the events? We play different games, some people don't play some, some others. We also have events that are "private" and we only want specific usergroups to see those events, but also see other events. I'd like to be able to keep them separate from each other if possible.

Essentially, I'd like specific events to go into one forum, others in another, etc.

The calendar, I'd like those events that people have access to, to only be shown. Beyond that, to be able to view a calendar of only a specific event forum as well.

Sorry if these questions are redundant or whatnot, but I looked through several pages and haven't found a clear answer.

I haven't tried the latest version yet Trekkan, but apparently you can now put events into specific forums only and I've seen screenshots where Jaxel's working on the layout if the Googlemap isn't required. I'm not sure about the calendar and viewing only events people have access to though.

How hard would it be to replace the map with a game map? I run this big Minecraft server and this be wonderful to add to it.

Essentially, I'd like specific events to go into one forum, others in another, etc.

The calendar, I'd like those events that people have access to, to only be shown. Beyond that, to be able to view a calendar of only a specific event forum as well.

Hi Trekkan, the latest version does allow you to have events listed in different forums, but the calendar display will show all the events from the different forums.

I've just run a check for you by making one of my test event forums only viewable by the 'admin' usergroup, but events are still displayed in the calendar to 'guests', when you click on it you get a message that you must login to view it, when you login as a 'registered user' you get an error message saying you do not have permissions to view that page.

This isn't a problem for my site as all events can be viewed by anyone, but I can see it would be for you, maybe if Jaxel can introduce an option for multiple calendars, one linked to each event forum, as per my post 285, these calendars could adopt the permissions of the forums they are connected to, would that help you?

Hey Jaxel & co, is there a way to translate these phrases:

within 3 months...
within 1 year...

I cant seem to find them anywhere?

Is there a way to go directly to a month without knowing what week number it is?
And what about a default time zone?
And last for now, how to select multiple forums?

Is there a way to go directly to a month without knowing what week number it is?
And what about a default time zone?
And last for now, how to select multiple forums?

1 - Use the monthly view instead of the weekly one, I guess.

2 - Not sure what you mean, it defaults to my site's time zone.

3 - Multiple forums - does this post help?

1 - Use the monthly view instead of the weekly one, I guess.

2 - Not sure what you mean, it defaults to my site's time zone.

3 - Multiple forums - does this post help?
1. I could have sworn I was in monthly view. But yes, monthly view is working as expected.
2. I had guest time zone set properly but did not have my time zone set. It is a new install with import so I am just playing around.
3. That is what I figured. I think on a Mac it might be a different combination of key strokes.

Thanks.

A few comments:

First off, absolutely great mod :-)

Is there any way to explicitly set a time? Some of the events I want to add would be say at 5:30 but the options only seem to be for hours.

Also a possible bug. I set the start time as 5 PM but it's not allowing me to set the end time as anything but 11pm on the same day or on a later day. Is this a known bug as it looks like it's a problem with the date selection pop-up. Exploring a bit further it seems I can't set an end time within less than 6 hours of the start time. I'm set to UTC if that makes any difference (it didn't seem to).

A few comments:

First off, absolutely great mod :)

Is there any way to explicitly set a time? Some of the events I want to add would be say at 5:30 but the options only seem to be for hours.

Also a possible bug. I set the start time as 5 PM but it's not allowing me to set the end time as anything but 11pm on the same day or on a later day. Is this a known bug as it looks like it's a problem with the date selection pop-up. Exploring a bit further it seems I can't set an end time within less than 6 hours of the start time. I'm set to UTC if that makes any difference (it didn't seem to).
I will make it easier to edit the data/time selector in the next version.

Hi Jaxel,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or whether this is a bug.

If I post a recurring event, select "Yes" and write a comment in the box - i.e. Yes I can be there - it shows up in the thread. If I select "No" or "Maybe" and write a comment in the box - i.e. Sorry can't make this one, will be there next week - the comment doesn't show up in the thread.

Regards,
Renada :)
This is by design... however, you can mouse over the user's name and the title text will have the comment.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.4 CHANGELOG
  • Fixed an issue with threads. Now if a thread is soft-deleted, it will no longer act as an event thread.
  • Address information is no longer required. Google Map will be removed if information is missing.
  • Javascript code for Anytime Date/Time selector has been consolidated into a single template.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.4 CHANGELOG
  • Fixed an issue with threads. Now if a thread is soft-deleted, it will no longer act as an event thread.
  • Address information is no longer required. Google Map will be removed if information is missing.
  • Javascript code for Anytime Date/Time selector has been consolidated into a single template.

hey jaxel trying to upgrade and got this "The provided file is not a service XML file."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom