• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just want to say thanks for this mod - I'm not using it (i'm after more of a calendar mod) but I did try it and it looks really good for those that need and event planner.

I got this error when I tried to post a new event:

----------------------------------------------------------
Server Error

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Forum::canPostThreadInForum() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/jeffinj/public_html/library/EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php on line 327 and defined
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 276
    [*]XenForo_Model_Forum->canPostThreadInForum() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 327
    [*]EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->actionEventsCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jeffinj/public_html/index.php at line 15

I got this error when I tried to post a new event:

----------------------------------------------------------
Server Error

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Forum::canPostThreadInForum() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/jeffinj/public_html/library/EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php on line 327 and defined
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 276
    [*]XenForo_Model_Forum->canPostThreadInForum() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 327
    [*]EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->actionEventsCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jeffinj/public_html/index.php at line 15
Set the forum options in your adminCP for this mod.

Daang, I reverted my navigation template and then I was uninstalling this addon to re-install and see if it works but I accidentally uninstalled XenMedia.
eek.png

Hi Jaxel,

Thank you very much for this add-on :)

We run a kinship website for Lord of the Rings Online and currently use the calendar/RSVP system on vb for weekly raid attendances.

I've just installed your event system on our test board and have a couple of questions.

When posting a weekly recurring event is it possible to start a new thread for each week?

Also when responding (for example) yes to week 1 raid and then no to week 2 it changes week 1 to no too. (I hope I'm making sense here). Is there a way for people to sign up with different criteria each week as people can attend one week but maybe not the next or would this event have to be entered manually each week?

As these events all take place online we don't have a use for the map so is there a way to turn this off?

Regards,
Renada

I posted an Australian event on my forum but the maps still pointing to the USA. Here's the post. Have I done something wrong? :confused:

Did google maps find the address you put in before you submitted the event? Im not sure on this but I believe if you submit an event before you find the exact address it wont show the map properly, Jaxel may need to confirm this?

I am in Aus also, I have an Aus event coming up so it would be nice to know.

I'm in Aus and tested this on my dev board... addresses worked just fine. Saying that, as per ddmmh stated, I hit the button to locate the address before saving the event.

Did google maps find the address you put in before you submitted the event? Im not sure on this but I believe if you submit an event before you find the exact address it wont show the map properly, Jaxel may need to confirm this?

I am in Aus also, I have an Aus event coming up so it would be nice to know.

Hi ddmmh, no Google maps didn't find the address before I submitted the event. Refreshing the map even with the address filled in did not help.

Okay, now the map is showing Australia. I had to create a new event though. See this thread.
I still can't get Google Map to change in this previous event. Weird.
Thats because what you inputted is not a valid address:
Melboure & Olympic Parks, Melbourne, Australia, Melbourne, Australia, 3000
First of all, you have the city/state listed twice. The system can find any address that google maps can find. However, if you go to the following URL, you won't find anything because as I said, that is not a valid address:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Melbo...ralia,Melbourne, Australia, 3000&output=embed

However, if you inputted a real address... such as:
Hisense Arena, Batman Ave, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hisense Arena, Batman Ave, Melbourne, VIC, 3000

Little tricks with the mapping system... you can actually put ANYTHING you want in it... as long as google maps can find it. You can even completely ignore the "address, city/state/zip" requirement and instead input "latitude, longitude" and it will work just the same.

You can even choose to ignore that and input any defined location that google has in the system. For instance, just input the address as "Chrysler Building" and leave the city/state/zip blank. Google will find it without any issues.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chrysler Building

Thats because what you inputted is not a valid address:

First of all, you have the city/state listed twice. The system can find any address that google maps can find. However, if you go to the following URL, you won't find anything because as I said, that is not a valid address:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Melbo...ralia,Melbourne, Australia, 3000&output=embed

However, if you inputted a real address... such as:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hisense Arena, Batman Ave, Melbourne, VIC, 3000

OOh. Okay.
It was slightly confusing when there are two boxes 'address' and 'city/state/zip'. Shouldn't they be one instead.

For ex: when the event is in Hisense Arena, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 3000.
Venue would be Hisense Arena
Address would be Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 3000.
City/State/Zip would be Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
It's a bit confusing because you could think that the last box was for Google Map and put the whole address there again. Thus the repeat address.

Instead I would suggest just one box for address.
or rename address to Street/Ave....

By the way, this is a great addon! :)

For ex: when the event is in Hisense Arena, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 3000.
Venue would be Hisense Arena
Address would be Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 3000.
City/State/Zip would be Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
No... you are incorrect. It would be the standard address protocol used worldwide, being:

Venue
Address
City, State, Zip

Venue: Hisense Arena
Address: Melbourne Park Precinct, Batman Avenue
CSZ: Melbourne, Vic, 3000

The address is the physical street address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom