• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.2
  • Streaming support has been expanded... now with Livestream, uStream and JustinTV support
  • Administrate services menu has been added at /events/services/admin
  • Recurring event support has been added using a cronjob to emulate future events
  • The Calendar module has been broken up to it's separate and more logical pieces

• Streaming support has been expanded... now with Livestream, uStream and JustinTV support
  • Administrate services menu has been added at /events/services/admin
  • Recurring event support has been added using a cronjob to emulate future events
  • The Calendar module has been broken up to it's separate and more logical pieces
Hi Jaxel,

I installed the update but going to /events/services/admin does nothing and just re-directs me back to /events/

Hi Jaxel,

Also just realised this when I clicked on an event that existed BEFORE the update, cheers.

Code:
Server Error

Undefined offset: 1

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Model/Parser.php at line 121
EWRatendo_Model_Parser->parseReplace() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 68
EWRatendo_Model_Events->getEventById() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 281
EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->actionEventsView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/index.php at line 15

***Update***

I tried creating a new event and get the following error. When clicking birthdays on the calendar there is no problems. Just clicking events and creating new ones i get errors.

This is the error for creating new events.

Code:
MMAZone - Australia's Mixed Martial Arts Community
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'event_recur_count' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 167
EWRatendo_Model_Events->updateEvent() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 506
EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->inputEventUpdate() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 328
EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->actionEventsCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/index.php at line 15

***Update***

I tried creating a new event and get the following error. When clicking birthdays on the calendar there is no problems. Just clicking events and creating new ones i get errors.
Try the new attached package... should fix both your errors.

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before. But for what I want to use XenAtendo for I dont really want/need the google map. And I found(stumbled) a way to drop(get rid of) the map without affecting the link structure etc. If anyones interested let me know and ill post it up.

Hi Jaxel, recurring events are a great addition and I’ve been testing the function for the last few hours and talking on the phone with a couple of my users who are regular event organisers whilst they have been looking at the user interface, which has given me some good ‘first time user’ feedback on this event/calendar system.

Overall they, like me, are very impressed with the system, but we have come up with a few suggestions that could make it easier for admins and users alike:

1 – Could you move the ‘Recur This Event Every:’ option to under Start/End Times, it seems more logical there and a bit lost where it is?

2 – Could you move the ‘Recurrence Cutoff’ option from the adminCP to the user interface and on the same line as ‘Recur This Event Every:’?

The logic behind this is that loads of events occur every week all year, whilst others occur, for example, just during the summer (4, 5 or 6 months), so it would be better as a user rather than admin option. Both of my event organisers were confused as to how many entries they would be making when selecting ‘Recur This Event Every:’, without being able to input this themselves.

3 – Also with ‘Recurrence Cutoff’, instead of the option of ‘X number of months’ make it ‘X number of weeks’ plus set a max of 52 weeks (including the one inputted)?

The logic for this is some events will occur for just 6 weeks, which doesn’t fit in to recurring for 1 or 2 months, whereas an event over 12 months can just be recurred for 52 weeks.

4 – We think the option to recur per ‘X DAYS’ could cause confusion with a ‘Ranged Event’, which you can add anyway, as for example, Start date 1/1/11 – end date 6/1/11 (7 days) and it is listed in the calendar for 7 days.

Whereas we can see people adding an event for 1/1/11, selecting 7 days – result it’s listed every week, whereas they expected every day for 7 days. Also, I’ve never had any events I am aware of added that recur every 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 days, they are normally (99% of the time) daily*, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

* Sometimes 5 or 6 days out of the week over a period of months, which neither ‘ranged’ or any of the current options of ‘recurring’ actually covers – the only why that this could be covered is by an option of selecting days by tick-boxes for a ranged event, e.g. booked from 1/1/11 to 31/1/11 tick boxes for every day of the week that it actually occurs on – not that I am suggesting that be added, for fear of you wanting to kill me.

5 – Monthly recurring events from experience normally occur on a set day rather than date per month, for example the first Wednesday of the month, rather than the 5th of every month, as this option is currently set-up. Is it easy to change this? Otherwise I think it would be better to leave this option out to avoid confusion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

On reflection, if the recurs ‘X days’ options is deleted, recurs monthly can be changed to a set day instead of date, then in the add event interface, for user ease, it could appear as:

Start/End Dates & Times from [……………..............………..] till [……….........…………….……..]
Repeat this event every: [ ] week, [ ] fortnight or [ ] month for the next [… max 52…] weeks

- where [ ] are just tick boxes for week, fortnight or month, and this would cover 99% of events, accept those occurring on set days (Mon-Fri) per week over a longer period as mentioned above, whilst also making it very user friendly.

Hi Jaxel, recurring events are a great addition and I’ve been testing the function for the last few hours and talking on the phone with a couple of my users who are regular event organisers whilst they have been looking at the user interface, which has given me some good ‘first time user’ feedback on this event/calendar system.

Overall they like me, are very impressed with the system, but we have come up with a few suggestions that could make it easier for admins and users alike:

1 – Could you move the ‘Recur This Event Every:’ option to under Start/End Times, it seems more logical there and a bit lost where it is?

2 – Could you move the ‘Recurrence Cutoff’ option from the adminCP to the user interface and out on the same line as ‘Recur This Event Every:’?

The logic behind this is that loads of events occur every week all year, whilst others occur, for example, just during the summer (4, 5 or 6 months), so it would be better as a user rather than admin option. Both of my event organisers were confused as to how many entries they would be making when selecting ‘Recur This Event Every:’, without being able to input this themselves.

3 – Also with ‘Recurrence Cutoff’, instead of the option of ‘X number of months’ make it ‘X number of weeks’ plus set a max of 52 weeks (including the one inputted)?

The logic for this is some events will occur for just 6 weeks, which doesn’t fit in to recurring for 1 or 2 months, whereas an event over 12 months can just be recurred for 52 weeks.

4 – We think the option to recur per ‘X DAYS’ could cause confusion with a ‘Ranged Event’, which you can add anyway, as for example, Start date 1/1/11 – end date 6/1/11 (7 days) and it is listed in the calendar for 7 days.

Whereas we can see people adding an event for 1/1/11, selecting 7 days – result it’s listed every week, whereas they expected every day for 7 days. Also, I’ve never had any events I am aware of added that recur every 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 days, they are normally (99% of the time) daily*, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

* Sometimes 5 or 6 days out of the week over a period of months, which neither ‘ranged’ or any of the current options of ‘recurring’ actually covers – the only why that this could be covered is by an option of selecting days by tick-boxes for a ranged event, e.g. booked from 1/1/11 to 31/1/11 tick boxes for every day of the week that it actually occurs on – not that I am suggesting that be added, for fear of you wanting to kill me.

5 – Monthly recurring events from experience normally occur on a set day rather than date per month, for example the first Wednesday of the month, rather than the 5th of every month, as this option is currently set-up. Is it easy to change this? Otherwise I think it would be better to leave this option out to avoid confusion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

On reflection, if the recurs ‘X days’ options is deleted, recurs monthly can be changed to a set day instead of date, then in the add event interface, for user ease, it could appear as:

Start/End Dates & Times from [……………..............………..] till [……….........…………….……..]
Repeat this event every: [ ] week, [ ] fortnight or [ ] month for the next [… max 52…] weeks

- where [ ] are just tick boxes for week, fortnight or month, and this would cover 99% of events, accept those occurring on set days (Mon-Fri) per week over a longer period as mentioned above, whilst also making it very user friendly.
1 - sounds like a good idea...
2 - will not happen; this is a cronjob setting. Recurring events technically recur TILL THE END OF TIME; this is a setting to calculate how many recurrences to show in the calendar; and its recalculated with the cronjob at the end of each night. So a 6 month recurrence from TODAY, is not the same as a 6 month recurrence from TOMORROW. Allowing users to edit this could also create an abuse issue. In order to set an event for a specific number of weeks, the tournament organizer must cancel the last instance of the event manually.
3 - There is no range of recurrence, thats why this is an admin setting, not a user setting. No matter what, at least one recurrence will always appear on the calendar; even if its outside the setting.
4 - which is why the recurrence setting is in the options area, and not the date range area... to avoid confusion.
5 - no. if they need to recur to a specific day, instead of a date, they can use 4/5 weeks, instead of 1 month.

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before. But for what I want to use XenAtendo for I dont really want/need the google map. And I found(stumbled) a way to drop(get rid of) the map without affecting the link structure etc. If anyones interested let me know and ill post it up.

I love having the google map, as Worthing is a seaside town I get a lot of traffic from outside the area that are planning a visit and also a lot of events (car-boot sales, beer and/or music festivals) that are on farms out in the surrounding countryside, so maps are well handy.

I tried to get event organisers to add maps in their listings on my vB site, but few did, so this is a great feature.

Although, I can understand not for everyone, so if you have found an easy option to get rid of it I reckon you may as while post it now rather than wait for someone to ask.
smile.png

I love having the google map, as Worthing is a seaside town I get a lot of traffic from outside the area that are planning a visit and also a lot of events (car-boot sales, beer and/or music festivals) that are on farms out in the surrounding countryside, so maps are well handy.

I tried to get event organisers to add maps in their listings on my vB site, but few did, so this is a great feature.

Although, I can understand not for everyone, so if you have found an easy option to get rid of it I reckon you may as while post it now rather than wait for someone to ask. :)

Ahh I see. I use mine for MMA events. Since im in Aus theres only 1 event a year here so I dont really need it.

For those of you who want to get rid of the google map. Create and event as normal. Make sure you have a forum setup where the events go to. Doesnt matter what its called. Make that forum invisible because you dont want your members to see it, you will understand why in a sec.

Ok so after making and event and it being moved to the selected forum all you need to do is move the thread(event) from the hidden forum to whatever forum it is supposed to be. This will keep all links intact(as far as I tested they were all fine) and will get rid of the google map, simple!

Heres a demo. Only one event, click it and see theres no google map and all links work fine :)

http://mmazone.com.au/community/events/

1 - sounds like a good idea...
2 - will not happen; this is a cronjob setting. Recurring events technically recur TILL THE END OF TIME; this is a setting to calculate how many recurrences to show in the calendar; and its recalculated with the cronjob at the end of each night. So a 6 month recurrence from TODAY, is not the same as a 6 month recurrence from TOMORROW. Allowing users to edit this could also create an abuse issue. In order to set an event for a specific number of weeks, the tournament organizer must cancel the last instance of the event manually.
3 - There is no range of recurrence, thats why this is an admin setting, not a user setting. No matter what, at least one recurrence will always appear on the calendar; even if its outside the setting.
4 - which is why the recurrence setting is in the options area, and not the date range area... to avoid confusion.
5 - no. if they need to recur to a specific day, instead of a date, they can use 4/5 weeks, instead of 1 month.

Oh bugger. :(

I didn't realise the limitations imposed by using this cronjob thing, now I am a bit confused, not helped by my head being a bit fuzzy at the moment due to having a bad cold, I'll have to have a further play with it.

On another note, I've spotted another problem, which seems similar to item 2 & your fix to it in THIS POST.

I've added an event called: 1 - testing daily listing until 31st Dec 2011- start date today, end date 31/12/11.

In weekly view it seems listed only for Mon 3rd to Sat 8th Jan and Mon 26th - Sat 31st Dec 2011

In monthly view it seems listed daily only from 3rd - 31st Jan and daily 1st - 31st Dec 2011

Hi there,

first, thank you for your great addon!

But i have still some problems/questions about it.

- is there a possibilty to get a 24h-date-format and show date in Central Europe style (like 1. Jan 2011 - 21.00h )
- if i don't insert any text in description of the event, i can go to "save event", everything will be erased, the page will be reloaded
but the event would'nt be saved.

forgot:
- if i make a translation of the phrases, some things are still in english
(like. RVSP -YES NO - MAYBE; YES is still in english!)

juergen

On another note, I've spotted another problem, which seems similar to item 2 & your fix to it in THIS POST.
Fixed for next version... (look at Test event)
http://www.8wayrun.com/events/monthly/1.2011/
I just never assumed an event would be that long.

But i have still some problems/questions about it.

1 - this option is available in the admin cp
2 - a description is required... I will add error checking for the next version.
3 - yes, no, maybe are phrases in XenForo

Fixed for next version... (look at Test event)
http://www.8wayrun.com/events/monthly/1.2011/
I just never assumed an event would be that long.

1 - this option is available in the admin cp
2 - a description is required... I will add error checking for the next version.
3 - yes, no, maybe are phrases in XenForo

Thanks for your fast answer.
1. Yes, i can set the "date-title" - but what about am/pm > 24 hours - and date-setting in overview?
2. Thank you
3. Phrase - was my mistake - it was not correct translated

juergen

Hi Ja
Try the new attached package... should fix both your errors.

Hi Jaxel,

Sorry forgot about /events/services/admin. What does that do exactly? Either way I still cant access it. I dont get an error or anything. Just ger redirected back to the events page when I try to access it. Anyt ideas? cheers.

Hi Ja

Hi Jaxel,

Sorry forgot about /events/services/admin. What does that do exactly? Either way I still cant access it. I dont get an error or anything. Just ger redirected back to the events page when I try to access it. Anyt ideas? cheers.
Sorry... try /events/service/admin

It lets you edit the service hosters... (and its sort of a preview of XenMedio Premium)

I have a bit of a question more than a problem, although it is a little confusing for me to figure out what is going on as to why it is happening. Pretty much every single event I add to my calendar is a night thing, which goes on from 8/9/10pm one day, until 4/5/6am the next day. In some cases, the event will show on both the days and others just the first day. Any ideas?

I have attached a few screen dumps to highlight this matter. As I have mentioned above, it's not really a problem just a little confusing as to why it is only happening on some of the events rather than all or none of them!!

2010-01-06-22-20-0001.webp 2010-01-06-22-21-0001.webp 2010-01-06-22-22-0001.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom