[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hello!

I'm thinking about purchasing this plugin but was curious if the following issues from a review have been resolved:

- The events threads will NOT be indexed in the search engine anymore because the whole post content is replaced with a calendar BBCode. Your users will NOT be able to find an event thread using the search engine

- XF built-in PreviewTooltip is not working with this addon. Your events forum will be messed up and when users hover threads, the preview text will not display correctly

- No widget available for Widget Framework, you will have to spend another $40 just to get XenPorta to display the upcoming events
<- This would be a dealbreaker for me

- Breadcrumbs are empty when adding or viewing an event. Same for the calendar and agenda views

- You have to manually add the image to the event AFTER posting the event. This can't be done on the same page

- Linking with Google API is not working

- No french translation

The keyword filter now unchecks to hide categories, instead of checking to hide categories. Why this is an issue, I have no idea... but some of you seemed...

I'm no native speaker, so I may misunderstand.
I would describe the behaviour now as "Will search for events which contain checked keywords. Events with multiple keywords will show if any keywords match. If none is checked, all events will be shown (= filtering by keywords is disabled)".

And that's exactly the behaviour, my users will use - THANKS!

Another related suggestion:

Could you please add a line below the Filter Event Locations's hint "Only showing events within {distance} km of {location}" like this "Only showing events which match at least one of the following keywords {comma seperated keyword array}"?
Users will oversee/forget, that they enabled some filters - so it would be more obvious for them.

Additionally I will place a button/link to access "Settings" near the above mentioned info lines to guide towards the filter settings. I've searched now 10 minutes to find/remember, where to set filters - although I knew ;)

Ha, I see.

In Agenda and Archive view (but not in monthly, weekly, daily view) you show an info line like I suggested "Excluding events with the following keywords:{comma seperated keyword array}".

I would choose another wording (see above), but I can translate by myself.
Can you add that line to the 3 other views too, please?

In the first version a list of avatars of those who RSVP'd yes could be seen at a glance in the event thread.

You could also see a text list of those who RSVPd maybe or no, all at a glance.

Is there an option so I can get this view in V2?

It's very useful, otherwise you have to specifically open up the RSVP modal every time you wan to check for new RSVPs and check each response individually to see who has responded.

upload_2016-9-13_12-52-55.webp

In the first version a list of avatars of those who RSVP'd yes could be seen at a glance in the event thread.

You could also see a text list of those who RSVPd maybe or no, all at a glance.

Is there an option so I can get this view in V2?

It's very useful, otherwise you have to specifically open up the RSVP modal every time you wan to check for new RSVPs and check each response individually to see who has responded.

View attachment 140686
XenAtendo1 did not have an occurrence system. All events had a single occurrence. XenAtendo2, each occurrence is separate from the event itself.

Right...okay...I'm not sure what you're saying?
Are you saying is that view was removed as it doesn't work with multiple occurrences?

If that's the case it would be nice if it defaulted to the old view if there was only once occurrence of an event.

I don't think I'll be using the occurrence system, just lots of individual events. And it was great to be able to see all the avatars of the attendees increasing at a glance at the top of the thread as the event draws nearer and users RSVP.

I am the guild founder of the Tyrs Paladium guild. We are in 4 games currently. DDO, Neverwinter, ESO, and Guild Wars 2.

Several things I need done:

1. 4 different calendars, one for each game. How would I arrange this?

2. I see people can RSVP. Any guild leaders out there can explain howe this works? If I post a raid 5 days from now... can people sign up? Will it work with Pixelexit's ROSTERS add on?

3. Time Zones. We play with people all over the world. Do you have to mouse over event to get the time in your timezone?

I am the guild founder of the Tyrs Paladium guild. We are in 4 games currently. DDO, Neverwinter, ESO, and Guild Wars 2.

Several things I need done:

1. 4 different calendars, one for each game. How would I arrange this?

2. I see people can RSVP. Any guild leaders out there can explain howe this works? If I post a raid 5 days from now... can people sign up? Will it work with Pixelexit's ROSTERS add on?

3. Time Zones. We play with people all over the world. Do you have to mouse over event to get the time in your timezone?
1 - categories
2 - rsvps are just that... rsvps.
3 - yes. every event has it's own timezone.

on #3. Please clarify.

So if I post a raid for this Friday at 9PM Eastern, what time will Joe from London SEE when he checks the event calendar? Does he see 9PM or HIS TIME?

@Jaxel I've just noticed a bit of a funny functionality related to RSVPing to an event. So when you do this, you open the drop-down and make your selection, then as soon as you do that, you get the overlay for "changes saved", which generates an alert for the event originator. There is also a "go" button, but you don't need to press it to save the change. But if you make your selection, then go to it again, it shows the selection you have chosen as well as the "go" button. If you click Go, is saves again and generates another alert. If you pull down the list and choose the same option again, it generates an alert.

What happened was I got multiple alerts from multiple users after sending out a broadcast message about how to RSVP. Seems it's not completely obvious that all you have to do is select the drop down and it saves your change. I got 6 alerts from one guy. He kept hitting "go" after making his selection, thinking "go" would take him somewhere I think...

I don't know if this is a bug or just odd functionality, but I think there needs to be an outward indication that your choice has been made, like where it says "12 Going" maybe it also says "you are going" or "you are not going" "you have not made a selection" etc...is that possible?

@Jaxel I've just noticed a bit of a funny functionality related to RSVPing to an event. So when you do this, you open the drop-down and make your selection, then as soon as you do that, you get the overlay for "changes saved", which generates an alert for the event originator. There is also a "go" button, but you don't need to press it to save the change. But if you make your selection, then go to it again, it shows the selection you have chosen as well as the "go" button. If you click Go, is saves again and generates another alert. If you pull down the list and choose the same option again, it generates an alert.

What happened was I got multiple alerts from multiple users after sending out a broadcast message about how to RSVP. Seems it's not completely obvious that all you have to do is select the drop down and it saves your change. I got 6 alerts from one guy. He kept hitting "go" after making his selection, thinking "go" would take him somewhere I think...

I don't know if this is a bug or just odd functionality, but I think there needs to be an outward indication that your choice has been made, like where it says "12 Going" maybe it also says "you are going" or "you are not going" "you have not made a selection" etc...is that possible?
This is sort of by design. The number changes when selection is made, so thats the hint.

on #3. Please clarify.

So if I post a raid for this Friday at 9PM Eastern, what time will Joe from London SEE when he checks the event calendar? Does he see 9PM or HIS TIME?
Depends if he is looking at the event page, or the calendar.

On the calendar, all times are adjusted for the user... it says this at the top.

On the event page itself, it will show the time of the event in the event's timezone... but if the user mouses over that time, they will see the time adjusted for their timezone.

On the event page itself, it will show the time of the event in the event's timezone... but if the user mouses over that time, they will see the time adjusted for their timezone.

That would confuse the heck out of my guildies. Is there a way (or can you code it) to allow us to show the adjusted time for their timezone for the event page as well?

This is sort of by design. The number changes when selection is made, so thats the hint.
People do not get that hint though. I just had another one where someone made the selection then went back and hit "go" 3 more times = 4 alerts. It is more common to get multiple alerts than it is to get just one. About 4:1 actually (4 people try it multiple times for each person that only does it once)

I think this needs to get changed - it's apparently very confusing to users. I understand how it works, but I'm an admin. Right now I find myself having to explain to people that it's working just fine because they seem to think it's broken.

I have a registered user who can't edit the date of his own event.

It doesn't look like there's a permission to allow this without granting them moderation or admin access?

upload_2016-10-17_11-35-13.webp

Top Bottom