• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

8WayRun.Com Modifications for XenForo

hmm, cant remember if ive ever used any 8WR mods on vB, but im looking forward to the media library.. My site has been missing this since i updated to 4.0

Jaxel, the media library is looking good so far. I noticed that you still haven't setup the categories so that the "top" category is a total of the sub-categories. Is that something that you will be working on?

Will the media library still allow for automated linking like if I put a youtube link it will pull all the info from the link?

And, create a new thread in a set forum upon adding a new video?
Maybe that should be an option for the person who is posting the media.
[ ] Show Media in What's New ?
The created xF thread would be the COMMENTS thread to the Media Item !
Nice way to tie in the Gallery with the forum [:)]

For Jaxel's other mods (vBulletin) for Media, there is an option to create a new thread in a set forum at the option of the person posting the media. So, I'm sure he'll try and work it in. Just wanted to add it as a reminder :)

For Jaxel's other mods (vBulletin) for Media, there is an option to create a new thread in a set forum at the option of the person posting the media. So, I'm sure he'll try and work it in. Just wanted to add it as a reminder :)
Thanks for the reminder... as I have actually completely forgotten about. I have yet to find the engine for creating threads, so right now its not on top of the priorities...

Still left to do:
  • editing/deleting comments
  • like handlers
  • reporting handlers
  • thread creation
  • service administration
  • playlists (favorites)
  • subscriptions
  • media moderation
  • comment moderation

Jaxel, the media library is looking good so far. I noticed that you still haven't setup the categories so that the "top" category is a total of the sub-categories. Is that something that you will be working on?

Jaxel, any word on this option?

Jaxel, any word on this option?
Actually the category system is revamped this time around... there are actual parents and children.

However, the "count" of media within a catagory will remain to the single category only. The reason for this is that counting media is a server intensive process and for various reasons, its not being cached. If you wanted to count subcategories as well, it would not only need to count, but it would also need to iterate the count process through it's children. I don't see the need for that.

Ehh... I'm starting to get unhappy with the animated tag cloud...

Not because anything is wrong with it, but because its too awesome. As a programmer, you sometimes go through something called "Programmer's Fatigue". When you program so much, sometimes you just "space out". Where have I been spacing out lately? Putting my mouse cursor on the corner of the tag cloud... before I know it, an hour as passed and I've accomplished nothing...

Putting my mouse cursor on the corner of the tag cloud... before I know it, an hour as passed and I've accomplished nothing...

ROFL.

8wayrun.xenmedio.animated.tag.cloud.webp

The only thing that would make it more addicting would be the hover over wouldn't be darth vader in red, but an icon/picture of the character !
:)

Heres some image updates...

Still left on the agenda:
  • like handlers
  • reporting handlers
  • thread creation
  • playlists (favorites)
  • subscriptions
  • media moderation
  • comment moderation

Attachments

• Untitled-1.webp
    Untitled-1.webp
    94 KB · Views: 22
  • Untitled-2.webp
    Untitled-2.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Untitled-3.webp
    Untitled-3.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Untitled-4.webp
    Untitled-4.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Untitled-5.webp
    Untitled-5.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Untitled-6.webp
    Untitled-6.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Untitled-7.webp
    Untitled-7.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 113
untitled-7-jpg.5961

You'll notice in this screenshot, a new value called "Data Type". In this screen you can see it set to "Atom". In addition to Atom RSS parsing, there is also an option for HTML parsing, which will automatically generate tags based on <head>, <link> and <title>. As well, there is an option for the data type "JSON", which is something I am saving for the future...

You'll notice in this screenshot, a new value called "Data Type". In this screen you can see it set to "Atom". In addition to Atom RSS parsing, there is also an option for HTML parsing, which will automatically generate tags based on <head>, <link> and <title>. As well, there is an option for the data type "JSON", which is something I am saving for the future...
Jaxel,
Is it possible to make your wiki on the same level as the forum instead of /forum/wiki/
The JSON support would be sweet

Top Bottom