• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

8WayRun.Com Modifications for XenForo

I'm following you now on twitter, I'd love to see all of your mods be converted. I'd end up using each of them on one of my sites.

Here is a preview of the media details page for the Media Library...
untitled-1-jpg.5738

Comments look good.
Could the wiki have comments ?

I'll work on adding new features to the wiki when Beta3 comes out...

Here is the media edit page:
Untitled-1.webp

You'll notice the completely rewritten tag system...

Now that is nice. Question though, will it slow down page load speeds?
Its loading using SWFobject javascript. Since its using Javascript, it won't load until the rest of the page is loaded and ready. However, I have set up a switch in the adminCP, so an administrator can chose to disable the animated cloud and use the standard static cloud.

This looks like some Wordpress sidebar plugin. Do you know if it's possible to display WP sidebar plugins on XF sidebar?
Actually... it IS the Wordpress sidebar plugin "WP-Cumulus". I'm not using the actual WP code; I'm just using the content behind it. You can't simply take a WP plugin and plug it into XenForo.

Its loading using SWFobject javascript. Since its using Javascript, it won't load until the rest of the page is loaded and ready. However, I have set up a switch in the adminCP, so an administrator can chose to disable the animated cloud and use the standard static cloud.

Excellent!

Actually... it IS the Wordpress sidebar plugin "WP-Cumulus". I'm not using the actual WP code; I'm just using the content behind it. You can't simply take a WP plugin and plug it into XenForo.
I would be very interested in reading on how you do this i.e taking content of WP plugin and get it to display on XF sidebar. I can only imagine what one can do with this.

I would be very interested in reading on how you do this i.e taking content of WP plugin and get it to display on XF sidebar. I can only imagine what one can do with this.
Its just basic HTML code... I didn't do anything special.

The animation cloud is fun just sit for a good minute and play with :), great addition :)
Well I've never actually ever been happy with the tagging systems I've done in the past... I think this is the first time I ever feel good about it. Not because of the animation cloud, but because of the way it's programmed. The way new tags are created, the way they are linked to medias, and the way they are deleted.

Top Bottom