8thos Bar (Facebook-Like Floating Menu with Avatar and Search Box)

8thos Bar 5.0

No permission to download
How have you all customized your 8thos Bar? I put a link to home button next to the avatar, Syndol's Bookmarks favorite's menu automatically shows up when you turn the navbar menu on in Bookmark Settings (nice surprise). Create Threads Anywhere from Ragtek has been added to the middle of the bar in a link called "Start". From the "Start" link you can start a new thread, conversation, community blog, featured blog, albums and submit video links. The basic alerts, inbox, settings links, mod tools, Style Selector and Back to Top link and Search are still here. Being able to create, search and change things from anywhere has really changed the game for me.

Great add-on, thanks!

Does anyone know how to make it so the bar starts overlayed on the page background (instead of shifting it down)?

Hardcoded text:
  • In the 125th row of the XML there's an hardcoded text "Your Profile" that have to be replaced with the "translation variable": {xen:phrase your_profile}
  • In the 235th row of the XML there's the text "Queue" that have to be replace with: {xen:phrase reported_items}
  • In the 250th row of the XML there's the text "Reports" that have to be replaced with:{xen:phrase reported_items}
With the Responsive addon (old version 1.0) the Search Bar drive me crazy. :D
I modified via TMS responsive_search_bar.css in this way:

Replaced:
display: none;​

With:
display: block;​
position:relative;​
top:55px;​

In this way with smartphone (at least my iPhone) the search bar doesn't cover the 8thos bar and is still usable. For tablets it need more tweaking.

With Staff Room Unread that load itself into the moderator_bar template and in this way is visibile to user too! If installed you need to wrap into a xenif like this:

<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">
<a href="{xen:link 'forums/{$forumID}'}" class="modLink">​
<span class="itemLabel">{xen:phrase StaffRoomUnread_UnreadPhrase}:</span>​
<span class="itemCount {xen:if {$messageCount}, 'alert'}"> {$messageCount}</span>​
</a>​
</xen:if>

The version when installed is 4.5 and not 5.0 ;-)

Reactions: DRE
Another problem, when I click on "Go to first Unread", the bar will cover up the first line of the message.
I saw that on 8thos.com now the bar change opacity, too.

DRE! How about an update to this Resource? ;)

Another problem, when I click on "Go to first Unread", the bar will cover up the first line of the message.
I saw that on 8thos.com now the bar change opacity, too.

DRE! How about an update to this Resource? ;)
You prefer it that way?

with xf 1.1.5 there's some changes in templates. I fixed the search pattern copying and pasting the parte of the "search" that was changed.

All these Xenforo upgrades have messed up my 8thos bar lol and they look weird in responsive. I'm still trying to fix my site to adjust to responsive.

I don't know. I don't use this. I marked it as unsupported so you kinda have to just take apart the code and figure it out.

Was gonna update it but life happened.

Top Bottom