Implemented 7 basic XF color schemes

GodForum.com

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere ... It worked for Apple and other companies ...

How about having 7 or so basic color schemes to choose from or perhaps implement a color

gradient system. Skins are nice but keeping up with upgrades are sometimes a needless headache

and cost. :)

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Apple, Dell and many others have used colors options in many product lines ...

unless XF wants to be like Henry Ford and offer all colors as long as its the default one. :)

Thats for cases for hardware and such, not for forum styles.

The reason theres only one (Two if you include Fixed width as well) style is because its the default that comes with the software, and was planned with these colors in mind.

If you really feel the need for multiple color themes, I can possibly do a default-based theme with style switching capabilities added. 

Considering how easy it is just to release a few color versions... And as long as they do it well I don't see any harm in it...

I am actually working on a few color user.styles for xenForo at the moment the only thing that causes me problems and can't just be changed is the breadcrumbs and the little arrows on the postbit, because of the images used everything else can be colored using CSS...

Code:
#header { background-color: #931717; }
.footer .pageContent {
background: #931717;
}
a:link, a:visited {
color: #5C2B2B;
}
.navigationTabs {
background-color: #5C2B2B;
border: 1px solid #D16565;
border-bottom: 1px solid #460303;
}
.navigationTabs .selected .navigationLink, .navigationTabs .selected .navigationLink:hover, .navigationTabs .selected ul {
background-color: #D16565;
}
.navigationLink:hover, .navigationLink:visited. .navigationLink:active{
background-color: #931717;
}
.breadcrumb {
border: 1px solid #5C2B2B;
}
a.callToAction {
border: 1px solid #5C2B2B;
}
.breadcrumb .crust a.crumb {
background-color: #D69292;
}
.breadcrumb .crust a.crumb:hover {
background-color: #5C2B2B;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
.node .nodeLastPost {
border: 1px solid #FCD7D7;
}
.secondaryContent {
background-color: #FCF0F0;
}
.sidebar .section .primaryContent h3, .sidebar .section .primaryContent h3 a, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3, .sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3 a {
color: #E46C6C;
}
.messageUserBlock div.avatarHolder {
background-color: #FCF0F0;
}
.messageUserBlock {
background-color: #FCD7D7;
border: 1px solid #FCD7D7;
}
.Menu {
border: 5px solid #E46C6C;
border-top: 5px solid #E46C6C;
}
.Popup .PopupControl.Open, .Popup.PopupContainerControl.Open{
background-color: #E46C6C !important;
}

The breadcrumbs and postbit don't use images actually ;)

But you'll find when we show off the style system that we already have the capacity to do all this without touching the CSS.

reading this, I nearly fell off my chair ;)
looks like you guys really want to kill the competition ? :cool:

The breadcrumbs and postbit don't use images actually ;)

But you'll find when we show off the style system that we already have the capacity to do all this without touching the CSS.

WOW very nice tactics... I like it I like it a lot... 1px box and then using borders... :D...

I suspected something like this would be available... until then though I will keep up with some user.styles :D

Top Bottom