50GB of DropBox Free? Mega?

I would suggest looking at Tresorit if you care about privacy, I know it's quite new and the paid version is a bit more expensive, but it's by far the safest "Dropbox". They moved their servers out of US to Switzerland to protect users' privacy from NSA that kind of thing. They also have hacking bounty and claimed that so far none have hacked them successfully *hopefully* :D.
Can I locate my XF attachments in Tresorit and access via an addon such at Attachment Store? Or is Tresorit just for direct client storage and/or backup?

Last edited:
Can I locate my XF attachments in Tresorit and access via an addon such at Attachment Store? Or is Tresorit just for direct client storage and/or backup?
Hey, I am using it as a storage/backup, so I am not sure if it can do what you mentioned. Sorry about that :)
The 2gb file size limit would put me off right away imo.
Yea apparently that's the limit that kinda put me off too, but was told that they're gonna increase it very soon. So I am also waiting.

Besides, have you guys look at hubic.com by OVH? EUR1/month for 100GB or EUR10/month for 10TB. But for the price, some people still moan about it I don't know why...:unsure:

Is there a file size limit?
No, there's no size limit for files deposited on hubiC, except, of course, the amount of free space available on your hubiC account. However, the size of a file deposited via the web application cannot exceed 1GB (soon to be 4GB) and/or 10,000 different files. This limitation is actually inherent in the web browser capacities.

More Hubic's FAQs: https://hubic.com/en/faq

I'm happy with Dropbox, I've got 51.38GB of storage and I've only used 7.83GB. I don't upload anything important so I'm not overly worried about who can access the files. I have a solution at home for secure files.
Besides, have you guys look at hubic.com by OVH? EUR1/month for 100GB or EUR10/month for 10TB. But for the price, some people still moan about it I don't know why...:unsure:
People will always moan; no matter what – as long as you like it, just ignore them and move on.

Last edited:
Hmm, not going to moan, but..I don't think I'd want OVH hosting anything of mine, public or private. heh
Still, I'm going to try their free account, it can't hurt to try!

Top Bottom