XF 1.0 500 Errors & Weird Symbols?

That's a generic server error. It will be necessary to consult with your host to examine the logs on the server to find the cause.
Yeah, I know it's a server error, but it's only doing when someone isn't logged in... =/

And any idea about the weird symbols? Like if I click on a thread link (when I'm not logged in) it just shows like "4" or weird black diamonds with a question mark in the middle as if it was the wrong like UTC-9 language or something, even on the default theme for xf.

Yeah, I know it's a server error, but it's only doing when someone isn't logged in... =/

And any idea about the weird symbols? Like if I click on a thread link (when I'm not logged in) it just shows like "4" or weird black diamonds with a question mark in the middle as if it was the wrong like UTC-9 language or something, even on the default theme for xf.

You can a link that can be looked at?

You can a link that can be looked at?
Unfortunately, it's a test (pw protected) forum right now. :( here is a screenshot though:

It should have images and text and stuff.. and it does (if you're logged in).

ec7FthQ.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a test (pw protected) forum right now. :( here is a screenshot though:
It should have images and text and stuff.. and it does (if you're logged in).

Gonna make it kind of hard to troubleshoot then. What host are you with?
There are several things that will need to be looked at (like Jake said, first place is your server logs unless you are running an unmanaged VPS - then you can do that yourself).
Set up another test forum password protected and export your current DB to a file and then import it into a new DB and point the new test install at that to see if it does the same thing. Disable all add-ons also.

Gonna make it kind of hard to troubleshoot then. What host are you with?
There are several things that will need to be looked at (like Jake said, first place is your server logs unless you are running an unmanaged VPS - then you can do that yourself).
Set up another test forum password protected and export your current DB to a file and then import it into a new DB and point the new test install at that to see if it does the same thing. Disable all add-ons also.
From your other thread:

Found out the issue with the weird symbols and the 500s... it was an addon that had been installed, but apparently was tinkered with (the files I mean) before I uploaded it.

Thanks so much guys. :)

Found out the issue with the weird symbols and the 500s... it was an addon that had been installed, but apparently was tinkered with (the files I mean) before I uploaded it.

Thanks so much guys. :)

Tinkered with as in <nulled> :cautious:
Or tinkered with as a "friend" improved it. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom