XF 1.1 403 Error

phaze3131

Why am I getting 403 error? Looks like attached images but I don't restrict access to my site, public can see all content.

2013-09-13_0745.png

@Digital Doctor, I browsed a few threads with attached images from members, it looks like it's been deleted from the server or something
2013-09-13_0832.png

When I copy image url and open in browser it says, "This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later."

Why is this?

What's the actual attachment URL?

That would often indicate that the actual image is removed, though it could potentially be a "temp hash" issue (someone linked to a temporary URL for an attachment, rather than using the standard methods).

What's the actual attachment URL?

That would often indicate that the actual image is removed, though it could potentially be a "temp hash" issue (someone linked to a temporary URL for an attachment, rather than using the standard methods).

Here's the actual URL http://prepaidcellforum.com/attachments/screenshot_2013-07-02-08-29-55-png.6/

I think the guy used the "upload file" method. Why would xen remove that?

It's either missing or a permission thing.
Similar problem.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...own-at-this-time-please-try-back-later.47430/
- see if the attachment is where it should be .

The error message is a Xenforo Message.

Thank you

Looking at the code, the only reason that happens is if the attachment file doesn't exist or if it's not readable by the web server. Presumably the user saw the image correctly after it was uploaded, then the attachment did exist at one point, so you'll need to look in your internal_data/attachments/1/ directory to see if you can find a file for the attachment ID 6 (it will have a hash attached to it).

If you have add-ons installed that affect attachments, that could cause issues like this. I would recommend disabling all add-ons and then uploading an attachment yourself and confirming that is exists and is viewable.

Looking at the code, the only reason that happens is if the attachment file doesn't exist or if it's not readable by the web server. Presumably the user saw the image correctly after it was uploaded, then the attachment did exist at one point, so you'll need to look in your internal_data/attachments/1/ directory to see if you can find a file for the attachment ID 6 (it will have a hash attached to it).

If you have add-ons installed that affect attachments, that could cause issues like this. I would recommend disabling all add-ons and then uploading an attachment yourself and confirming that is exists and is viewable.

I see.. Yea, even I saw the image before and replied to the thread. I only noticed that it's gone when I saw the error and searched threads for missing attachments.

I will do that. Thanks Mike. Maybe I will upgrade to 1.2 first and try if I still encounter the problem.

Top Bottom