1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 403 Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by phaze3131, Sep 13, 2013.

1. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

Why am I getting 403 error? Looks like attached images but I don't restrict access to my site, public can see all content.

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

3. Digital Doctor

Maybe you have images hidden to guests ?

Something here might help you.
  4. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

@Digital Doctor, I browsed a few threads with attached images from members, it looks like it's been deleted from the server or something

When I copy image url and open in browser it says, "This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later."

Why is this?
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

What's the actual attachment URL?

That would often indicate that the actual image is removed, though it could potentially be a "temp hash" issue (someone linked to a temporary URL for an attachment, rather than using the standard methods).
  6. Digital Doctor

7. Digital Doctor

8. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

Here's the actual URL http://prepaidcellforum.com/attachments/screenshot_2013-07-02-08-29-55-png.6/

I think the guy used the "upload file" method. Why would xen remove that?

Thank you
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Looking at the code, the only reason that happens is if the attachment file doesn't exist or if it's not readable by the web server. Presumably the user saw the image correctly after it was uploaded, then the attachment did exist at one point, so you'll need to look in your internal_data/attachments/1/ directory to see if you can find a file for the attachment ID 6 (it will have a hash attached to it).

If you have add-ons installed that affect attachments, that could cause issues like this. I would recommend disabling all add-ons and then uploading an attachment yourself and confirming that is exists and is viewable.
  10. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

I see.. Yea, even I saw the image before and replied to the thread. I only noticed that it's gone when I saw the error and searched threads for missing attachments.

I will do that. Thanks Mike. Maybe I will upgrade to 1.2 first and try if I still encounter the problem.
  11. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

@Mike, one more thing. attachment that member uploads is huge like covers the whole page.

Is there a way to adjust size that shows up on page?
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The FAQ in my signature explains how to restrict image sizes.
  13. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

Thanks Brogan!