300k user VB to XF been done?

Stan

One of my sites has 300k users 500k threads (I think) and I would love to migrate it to XF. Has this ever been done? This will be my testbed for a much larger import migration.

So has anyone done this? I would love to migrate but I would hate to see the site / server crash from something of this size. Id love to do this tomorrow or so but do not want to be the first to take such a jump / test.

Let me know

Largest one that I've done is Threads 213,021 Posts 3,508,250 Members 86,784 . Used Paul M's vb4 to xf importer. Didn't have any issues with it.

It shouldn't be a problem to do a test import. You can post back and let us know how it went. There is a first time for EVERYTHING, no? ;)

maybe xenforo can start compiling a list of stats for customers' forums i.e. a big-board type of list just for xenforo sites ?? info can be entered in members download area where the specify their link to their licensed forum install.

does help when the sales/pre-sales question comes up as to list of xenforo sites, their size etc

One of my sites has 300k users 500k threads (I think) and I would love to migrate it to XF. Has this ever been done? This will be my testbed for a much larger import migration.

Making sure you have the functionality you need is the key part.
Ignore features ?
Merge Users ?
Infraction system ?
Gallery ?

If you do migrate try doing before and after testing of forum performance.

Had some problems with my DB since I used Impex but had fixed all DB issues and now when trying to do the import it is taking 100% CPU of a Quad Core Xeon and eventaully fails.

Please list other sites this large that have done this import. I do not think it is possible with the current importer.

Top Bottom