30-day "trial"

frm

Is there a possibility to set up a new license for a forum under a, possibly 10-15 day trial, in order to get styling, etc. setup prior to launch and if all, behind a private wall, is acceptable, then to fully purchase a license and continue from there.

I know I could do a dev installation and carry over changes, but it seems like a rather technical defeat as opposed to opening the forum, setting it up as desired, and then purchasing the license if it fits.

Solution
The test/development installation doesn't have to be on the same domain - it just needs to be clear that it's not a production site.
You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

In any instance, would it be difficult to set it up in that manner on another domain in secrecy and then overwrite the license files to comply?
Straightforward to do.
Set up the test site using your existing license files.
When you are ready to go live, overwrite the files with your new...
If you already own a license - like you do - and any new installation is for development purposes and kept entirely private then that would be permitted as long as a new license is purchased before you make the new installation live.

Alternatively we maintain a reasonable refund policy so you may wish to purchase the new license and contact us for a refund if things don’t work out. 30 days or so is reasonable.

If you already own a license - like you do - and any new installation is for development purposes and kept entirely private then that would be permitted as long as a new license is purchased before you make the new installation live.

Alternatively we maintain a reasonable refund policy so you may wish to purchase the new license and contact us for a refund if things don’t work out. 30 days or so is reasonable.
I'm not worried about the refund policy at all as I'm all in. It's just a matter of setting up styles, nodes, etc. for a new forum, that when I feel comfortable launching, to do so. It just seems as if a fresh install on something other than dev.. and then carrying over files and databases would be a little bit more challenging as opposed to "purchasing" a 30-day trial and building out from there if you know what I mean.

I'm not too savvy on how the DB works and would like to install a fresh install on XForum.com, working on stylization during those 15-30 days to get it somewhat up to par, which would be a violation of licensing terms and then fulfill the purchase, less 15-30 days, on a new license just for that new install on another domain.

I know it can be done on dev.., but, a lot of the links after carrying it over to a new install might make for more work.

Though, I may be overthinking this...

It makes no difference where the site is initially installed and where it is subsequently moved to.

All you need to update is the Board URL.
So I can use my current license on an unauthorized domain associated with it and then whip up a style/nodes/etc. followed by purchasing a new license before public release? I was under the impression that it has to be a dev*.site.* installation attached to that license.

In any instance, would it be difficult to set it up in that manner on another domain in secrecy and then overwrite the license files to comply?

The test/development installation doesn't have to be on the same domain - it just needs to be clear that it's not a production site.
You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Straightforward to do.
When you are ready to go live, overwrite the files with your new license files.

Solution

Straightforward to do.
When you are ready to go live, overwrite the files with your new license files.
Awesome. I will take this approach in order to alleviate MySQL/directory structure changes for domains. When it's ready for launch, will make the purchase! That was really the only thing holding me back. I think it was an old policy that it had to be on dev* or sorts in order to be like that, making it a tad difficult to transfer over.

Appreciate the clear and concise information on how to go about opening a second forum with an existing license now without violation of license agreements.

Top Bottom