2nd Hand License ?

ExpertPixels.com

Hey guys..

I purchased a XF license about a week ago and am about to purchase another one later tonight.. I was contacted from someone on DP who is selling his XF license.. Is there any issues with purchasing a second hand license ?

He has owned the license since August 2012.. So i just need to ensure this transfer would be ok with xenForo.. Also i was wondering how quickly this would appear in my account if i was to purchases this 2nd hand License.

Thanks in advanced for any assistance on this matter, greatly appreciated.

Regards, Darren

Hey guys..

I purchased a XF license about a week ago and am about to purchase another one later tonight.. I was contacted from someone on DP who is selling his XF license.. Is there any issues with purchasing a second hand license ?

He has owned the license since August 2012.. So i just need to ensure this transfer would be ok with xenForo.. Also i was wondering how quickly this would appear in my account if i was to purchases this 2nd hand License.

Thanks in advanced for any assistance on this matter, greatly appreciated.

Regards, Darren
There is always a small marginal risk in purchasing a 2nd hand license. You can reduce that risk by having him / her show you an actual screen shot and also contacting support to verify that X person does indeed hold the account.

There are generally "technically" 2 ways of passing on a license.

The most common being they contact support to either push it to your account or change the ownership (if you don't already have an account).

The other way is someone could simply hand over their user name & password to the account. Although this method depends on how trusting the other person maybe (and officially isn't the supported method).

Id much prefer to purchase a license brand new.. even just for the simply fact of support XF.. I realize there are risks involved purchasing licenses secondhand.. I was just trying to ensure that i could also afford a few copies of the resource manager once it becomes available... Anyways i might just purchase another license new rather than bother with this secondhand license.. XF (the devs and also the excellent support staff here) certainly deserve extra sales and not have to waste their time transferring licenses.

Thanks for the Feedback / Info guys.

Regards, Darren

Top Bottom