2.x upgrade

TSizemore

I am currently running XF 1.5.15 and am thinking about upgrading to XF 2.x
Does the upgrade give me license?... and is there install support with it?

My issue is, the administrator/owner of the forum we are on had to take an extended leave of absence and left the forum to me. I don't have his original purchase information.... does that become an issue?

Sorry if this might be wrong forum, I'm pretty limited on where I can post here.

TSize

If your XF license is active you can upgrade for free. If it's not active, you just need to reactivate it ($40/year) and then get a year's worth of support/upgrades.

The account issue is likely a bigger one and hopefully someone from the XF team can respond to you and figure out a solution.

Unfortunately the owner of the license would need to renew it and perform the upgrade for you, or he would have to transfer the license to you by contacting us. If neither of those things are possible, you’ll have no choice but to purchase a brand new license at full price.

Unfortunately the owner of the license would need to renew it and perform the upgrade for you, or he would have to transfer the license to you by contacting us. If neither of those things are possible, you’ll have no choice but to purchase a brand new license at full price.
Well, that's kind of a buzz kill. Lol, But not entirely unexpected. :( I'm thinking about option#2 with the transfer as the ideal approach, and then the upgrade. Otherwise, if I understand you right, I'd have to purchase the 1.5 version, or just purchase 2.0. (which I assume I can do from the front page?)

Top Bottom