2.2 Resource Section

DrCustUmz

I'm not sure what is "old" and "new" because everything is new to me, but by the looks of things xen 2.2 integrated a lot of great products into the software thus making quite a few products in the 2x section obsolete for 2.2, can we get a dedicated resource section for 2.2 to avoid the confusion of products that are no longer required for functionality, since its in stock xen?

There’s no current plans to change the category structure.

Further subdividing resources into specific categories is likely just going to cause issues with maintaining the correct category and potentially cause confusion.

Resource authors are able to mark which versions their resource supports which should help at a glance but given that the resource lists are automatically ordered by the date they were last updated (or created) then it’s a safe bet to just focus on resources that have been released or updated since 2.2 was released as they will likely be relevant and compatible.

Makes sense thanks for the prompt response Chris, just coming over from vb3 (the only vb version worth a damn lol) I have NO idea what is considered a new addition. Is there a list of all integrated addons to date? Whether it's the exact addon or the xen version of an addon.

Like for instance:
questions and answers
reactions
ect.

You can infer that from the “Have you seen...?” forum here where we first showcase the new features.

To be clear, we have not integrated add-ons by others into the software though there may have been occasions where we’ve implemented features in the software that may have existed as add-ons already.

In many cases add-ons that already existed for new features we added may still be relevant because perhaps they did things in a different way or presented things differently or otherwise enhanced what we implemented.

Didn't know about that section, very handy thanks =) I hate that xen ever had to become a thing, but at the same time I love what it has become. I have been very skeptical over leaving vb3 but I am glad I finally decided to try it out. It's kind of sad to think if only invision or (who ever at the time) wasn't so full of themselves they would still have a great product. Im not sure what all exactly happen, and I only know Kier from vb3 (not sure if you were a part of it too) but what you guys have brought is amazing!

I recently released vb3 3.8.14 myself, bringing php 7.4 support, all because they cant bother to support their shyt, havent got any lash for that (yet lol) but I was aiming to add a crap ton new features to vb3, and was like you know what, im just going to try xen. and yeah... im hooked now =D

Top Bottom