Add-on 2.0 Suggestions

Regarding the ratings addon, whoever makes theirs like in IPS 4.2 gets my money.

react_mobile.gif.c57fbe45056fe6639b99d7d0030622fb.gif

Mobile is important.

Depends on who you like to code, I suppose.

Myself, I'd pay much more to see a Syndol release on this. When he released Bookmarks, and Conv Essentials early on, it was seamless. I loved the implementation into XF1... it was a shame I really didn't have much of a need for them (although I bought them, as I loved the work and the look as well).

I haven't paid any attention to who else might be doing it, but I'll stick with work by @Syndol 2.0 , @Bob , @Brogan , or you.
Well, Xon, ThemeHouse and, I think, Luke F.

Depends on who you like to code, I suppose.

Myself, I'd pay much more to see a Syndol release on this. When he released Bookmarks, and Conv Essentials early on, it was seamless. I loved the implementation into XF1... it was a shame I really didn't have much of a need for them (although I bought them, as I loved the work and the look as well).

I haven't paid any attention to who else might be doing it, but I'll stick with work by @Syndol 2.0 , @Bob , @Brogan , or you.

TBH, nothing against Syndol or his skills, but I as a customer would much rather support a developer that has a proven track record of writing and supporting paid addons, way to many developers took advantage of the XF community writing addons, then selling them off to other developers. I would support ones that have stayed and not deviated away.

TBH, nothing against Syndol or his skills, but I as a customer would much rather support a developer that has a proven track record of writing and supporting paid addons, way to many developers took advantage of the XF community writing addons, then selling them off to other developers. I would support ones that have stayed and not deviated away.

Aye, you have your wallet, I have mine.

I don't think you can group all devs that left together like that. Some, I am sure had valid reasons to do as they needed to do. Some, I am sure didn't. Until I know all the facts, I'll refrain from passing judgement. I don't know their story, nor did I walk in their shoes.

That's like saying "I don't want to hurt your feelings 'but'.."

Anyhow it wasn't like they were abandoned but I don't think we should drag @Syndol 2.0's thread there. He's looking for ideas for potential addons.

A really well done Steam integration would be quite nice, the current one is good at what it does but it could be so much more.

+1 for @Alfa1's gamification idea too.

From what I can understand, there's at least three different versions of this planned by different developers for XF 2.0. Probably one to avoid, with that in mind.

Can I ask how you know that there are 3 different versions are planned and what does one to avoid mean?

I took the "probably one to avoid" as not avoid one written but maybe consider avoid considering doing this as a first add-on as 3 others are planned.

Ahhhh, makes sense. Being a native English speaker pays off I guess, as for me it looked like he means avoiding a developer. Still curious how he knows that 3 are working on it, maybe some inside information , like him, Mike and Kier working simultaneously (ofc just joking :D).

Regarding the ratings addon, whoever makes theirs like in IPS 4.2 gets my money.

react_mobile.gif.c57fbe45056fe6639b99d7d0030622fb.gif

Mobile is important.
Still working on the UI and various other functionality on where ratings/reactions can appear

Well, Xon, ThemeHouse and, I think, Luke F.
I'm collaborating with some others during development, but yes I've got a version in the works :)

I've also got a (currently private for XF1) collaboration add-on which is like the old Themehouse/Waindigo "Wiki Post" add-on on steroids for multiple posts in a thread which I'm porting to XF2.

From what I can understand, there's at least three different versions of this planned by different developers for XF 2.0. Probably one to avoid, with that in mind.
Is it an indication that it's not included in XF 2.1 big plan? I was so hoping it would. :cry::cry:

(I know it's not an appropriate question at this moment, and I am not hoping for an answer, to be honest. Just a sigh ....)

Still working on the UI and various other functionality on where ratings/reactions can appear

I'm collaborating with some others during development, but yes I've got a version in the works :)

I've also got a (currently private for XF1) collaboration add-on which is like the old Themehouse/Waindigo "Wiki Post" add-on on steroids for multiple posts in a thread which I'm porting to XF2.
Any chance we can have a sneak peek (of the rating system) in near future? :D

Why an add-on for XenForo? It's a standard/core feature on Facebook and IPS. It's most popular and standard-like feature and should be in XenForo core, IMO.

Well, Facebook is hardly comparable. It's not actually a feature in IPS yet, as 4.2 is still in beta. So, it's not really a "standard" feature.

But, we all know what the goals were in XF 2.0 and as much as we'd have loved to have added lots more to it, if we'd done that we'd still be developing it right now rather than nearly at beta like we are.

But, we all know what the goals were in XF 2.0 and as much as we'd have loved to have added lots more to it, if we'd done that we'd still be developing it right now rather than nearly at beta like we are.
yeah, 2.0 is pretty much done and clear about it's scope. I thought Reactions like new feature would be in 2.1. We live many years with an add-on for Post Rating like add-on and almost everyone loves it, I don't understand why still XF is not considering a similar feature (Reactions) as a core feature for future.

I find it a little odd to take any indication (either way) from what Chris said in his post. He was specifically responding to a comment relating to what add-ons someone else should be working on, simply noting that several people are apparently working on said add-on already. That has no connection to what may be built into the core.

Top Bottom