$140 w/ Branding (+ tax) ???

Andrew

Hello,

Well I plan on purchasing a licensed copy of xenForo today and I need to know if there will be any state tax (I'm from Texas). I have to drive to Beaumont, which is a 40 minute round trip, and go to Wal Mart and get a prepaid debt card made for PayPal. Before I commit to leaving the house and driving to the next town I need to know how much I am going to be spending.

I don't use debit cards or own a checking account. I only own savings and I pay for bills via money order and I pay for everything else with cash. Ya I'm pretty funny with my money :)

I've also been hearing a lot about a lawsuit. If XF looses that lawsuit and you are no longer to develop software anymore, will we get refunds?

Thanks,
Andrew

I need to know if there will be any state tax (I'm from Texas)

Xenforo will not charge you tax but when you do your state taxes, Texas may require you to list the total amount of your online purchases for proper taxation. I know NY does this... not that many people actually do it.

I truly hope XF doesn't loose the lawsuit. If that happens I'm going to be so pissed at vBulletin.
They won't. When everything you read is against vBulletin, it kinda reflects how the judge will see it, assuming this last minute thrown together lawsuit actually makes it into the courts.

I need to know if there will be any state tax (I'm from Texas)

Xenforo will not charge you tax but when you do your state taxes, Texas may require you to list the total amount of your online purchases for proper taxation. I know NY does this... not that many people actually do it.

We do not pay income taxes in Texas / and the state has no business in my purchases online or off line :D (they probably do with my sales though not my purchases :D)
bought from out of state no taxes ;)

I truly hope XF doesn't loose the lawsuit. If that happens I'm going to be so pissed at vBulletin.
And the best part is that most countries have laws about software in beta, being you can't sue for anything against the software development itself whilst in beta... hence why you see Google products in Beta for years, because it gives a lot of time for any company to lodge any formal issues and such with the product without repercussion to Google themselves.

Top Bottom