12 Months On - VB to XF

Yer, my interaction ratio has surpassed vb3 days.... Xf now around 60/40 (new / return). It continues to improve. If it ever gets 50/50, other providers may as well packup shop... As those are stats I've never seen with forum software in 15+ years around online marketing.

I, the mighty admin, love my site more than ever (y). The biggest attraction I'm noticing is the 'notifications' aka 'alerts'. People are coming back to see who's liked their posts!

I never experienced such enthusiasm among our members throughout our vB 3 & 4 days. XF is *the* future.

By the way, I decided to follow DigitalPoints' advise and didn't submit a sitemap to Google. Google is still indexing our content within a minute or two at max (and remember we're still in the re-indexing mode); which is absolutely fantastic.
Can you reference his post where he said that?

Did he give a reason why not to use sitemaps after you've converted?
Well, Google is just good at finding content on its own; without needing the sitemap. Once we had the redirects in place, Google's spiders were informed the location of new URLs and as Google continued to discover the URLs it kept on updating the index. I'm happy to see that Google is fast indexing our site and removing the old URLs at the rate of about 3k/day. It will take about a month or two for the full reindexing. What's better is; the new URLs are getting added rapidly as well.

VB > XF = VB to XF. If you are busy thinking mathematics, then you could interpret it another way I guess.

Staff can feel free to change it if they want...

VB > XF = VB to XF. If you are busy thinking mathematics, then you could interpret it another way I guess.

Staff can feel free to change it if they want...
Should have done -> instead of just >

Just my opinion though...as I thought you were using the greater than symbol.

Top Bottom