Fixed  [102] timezone caused server error



fresh host, domain, 1.0.2 .zip (full) and all that.

went through install/ went through options/ under admin.php > changed seo, then changed timezone, and within 30 seconds i went through rebuild caches, and clicked on the page to focus the browser, just happen to go to server logs, which listed this one:

Server Error Log

Error Info​
ErrorException: DateTimeZone::__construct() [<a href='datetimezone.--construct'>datetimezone.--construct</a>]: Unknown or bad timezone () -library/XenForo/Locale.php:79
Generated By: Unknown Account, 12 minutes ago

Stack Trace​

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('') #1 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php(79): DateTimeZone->__construct(NULL) #2 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(388): XenForo_Locale::setDefaultTimeZone(false, Array) #3 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(199): XenForo_Visitor::setup(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)) #4 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(286): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession('Errornotfound') #5 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(298): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('Errornotfound') #6 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(309): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #7 /home/tbaec/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() #8 /home/tbaec/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #9 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(28) "" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }


XenForo developer
Staff member
We should probably never try to rewrite that favicon.ico path, which is really the cause of this. I think it's mostly dumb luck.

The request was likely made after the tables were created, but before the options were actually inserted into the DB, so the guest account didn't have a time zone at that point.


XenForo developer
Staff member
I've changed the htaccess to not redirect favicon.ico (though upgraders likely won't get that change automatically).

I've also prevented the error from happening in the code in the first place.