1000 forums?

can xenforo handle thousands or fourms and users online at the same time? im using that "other" forum software as a kind of "yellow pages" directory and weve got a lot of forums. but its really hard on the sever with that many forums and lots of users online. how would xenforo handle a situation like this? would it struggle or would it shrug it off like its not big deal?

It has been stated a few times by the dev's that XenForo has been designed with big boards in mind.
I'm note sure if there are any practical examples of a forum with hundreds, if not thousands of forums though.

*looks up at the forum*

D'oh! Suppose I should learn to read then, yes?
redface.png

I don't see why the number of (sub-)forums should matter. And the max number of users depend more on the server hardware than on the script. Since XF uses less resources than other (bloated) scripts you should not have problems with a big board AFAIK.

The number of forums does matter to an extent, but only in a linear way. We have to build the forum list, and that includes counts that traverse the whole tree. We also serialize a lot of permission info, but that's only updated when saved; the relevant bits (only) are pulled when needed.

I don't see 1000 forums being an issue. I don't know if I'd want to do 20000 though. :)

Top Bottom