• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

$100 Google Adwords

oldzy

I throw them all out. Guess I should let someone else use them.

I really hate Google after their big 'panda/penguin updates'.:mad:

oldzy

Same here. Well not quite that much traffic wise, but revenue dropped from 'making a very decent living' to 'welfare'.

zooki

Same here. Well not quite that much traffic wise, but revenue dropped from 'making a very decent living' to 'welfare'.
Not good to be in an internet where large companies such as Google and Paypal have so much hold...

I had my paypal limited, and it was for a very small reason. - I was living with my brother, who had an account, and i had made two accounts, one for donations and one for my own usage. -- Even after sending photocopies of my passport, bank statements etc to prove I was a real person, they would not do anything, because it says so in their file about me! Really bad customer support, no way to appeal, nothing.

I can not use ebay, nor can I easily buy add-ons on Xenforo etc A lot of people are doing their online actions relying heavily on these corporations which don't care for the average user.

craigiri

How dare they try to improve their search results, company value, etc.?
;)

Those codes can be handy for those starting up, but I don't think any of them work for existing advertisers.
I did use a Bing freebie, though, for my new site....

Looks like Penguin was the later one, being in April of 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Penguin

According to those write ups and my own experiences (in both search results and my own sites), they have been improving. There was/is entirely too much black hat seo, link stuffing, scraper sites, etc.

Sometimes big is better - sometimes not. I think even a big company like goog knows that if they do the wrong thing, some startup is willing and able to eat their lunch.

oldzy

That's when it started going downhill for me... early 2012.

Guess the trick is to have an established site that does not rely on search engine ranking at all.