1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Best Forums For Sale vs Best Forums For Sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by billybatz9, Mar 15, 2014.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

I see a lot of articles being written like this... "10 Best Forums For Sale"

Is it better for seo and page ranking than just "Best Forums For Sale" because I know people don't search the '10' when looking for best forums, but I see a lot of the high page ranked sites using numbers in their titles as mentioned above.

What is everyone's opinion?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no difference.

Your primary concern in increasing your page rank should be to have quality content which other highly ranked sites link to... as opposed to trying to manipulate your position through keywords.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

3. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Does linking to other sites on your article help?

4. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Articles listing "ten best" will get a lot more readers....that's a fact.

Still, the content should be good.....good content and more readers = better SEO.

5. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Can I ask why it would get a lot more readers? and should it be "ten" or "10"

6. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

It could be 7, it could be 8, it could be 12....

Point is that lists like that get attention...it's a simple concept for people to understand.

The most read (and profitable in links) article on my hobby site:
    http://droneflyers.com/2013/10/best-quadcopters-for-2013-holiday-gift-giving/

I don't use the technique often - that's the only article like that I have right now. But it works.

billybatz9 likes this.
  7. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Thank you for that. I saw your website and was surprised to see how many page views you get a month. Nice work!