XF 1.5 1.5.10 Upgrade

Mr Lucky

I'm a bit confused about this. According to the announcement:

You may upgrade to XenForo 1.5.10 (or any subsequent version) to fix this issue. You should upgrade as you would to any other release. See further below in this announcement for more details on this release. If you take this approach, you should not apply the patch below.

Does this mean that if I installed the patch, then I shouldn't subsequently upgrade? Or if I do, should I uninstall the patch first (ie revert to the older files, then upgrade?

And also I am confused about this:

If you are running XenForo Media Gallery 1.1.5 or newer, you will automatically be secured from this issue if you follow the instructions in the XenForo 1.5.10 release announcement.

Does this mean that having installed the xenForo patch, do I therefore not need to do anything with media gallery 1.1.8 (or does that only apply to the full upgrade of xenforo 1.5.10, not the patch?)

Does this mean that if I installed the patch, then I shouldn't subsequently upgrade? Or if I do, should I uninstall the patch first (ie revert to the older files, then upgrade?
The upgrade is always the recommended approach. If you do the upgrade, then you don't need to apply the patch. (We've had cases of people doing both; there are situations where the patch and the upgrade are different and not always compatible, though strictly speaking it doesn't apply in this case.)

Does this mean that having installed the xenForo patch, do I therefore not need to do anything with media gallery 1.1.8 (or does that only apply to the full upgrade of xenforo 1.5.10, not the patch?)
As long as you fix the issue in the core in 1.5 -- patch or upgrade -- then XFMG 1.1.8 will be protected from the issue automatically (it calls methods that are now protected themselves).

The upgrade is always the recommended approach. If you do the upgrade, then you don't need to apply the patch. (We've had cases of people doing both; there are situations where the patch and the upgrade are different and not always compatible, though strictly speaking it doesn't apply in this case.)

So can I go ahead and upgrade on top of the patch?

Top Bottom