• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest 1.4: Select to quote - change 'Reply' to 'Quote'

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
When you select a part of the text to quote the word 'Reply' doesn't seem appropriate. It's fine when you're replying to an entire post, but when you pick a selective bit of text to quote I think it would work better if the word was 'Quote':

upload_2014-8-11_13-54-31.png

If this can be changed using phrases, then that's okay - it can be tailored to suit personal preferences - but if not, could I suggest it is made into a phrase so it can be changed.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

PS. I did search before posting but couldn't find anything along these lines. ;)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It seems consistent with Reply in the bottom right corner of the post.

They are both "Quote" on my installation, as that's what they do.

TJA

When you select a part of the text to quote the word 'Reply' doesn't seem appropriate. It's fine when you're replying to an entire post, but when you pick a selective bit of text to quote I think it would work better if the word was 'Quote':

If this can be changed using phrases, then that's okay - it can be tailored to suit personal preferences - but if not, could I suggest it is made into a phrase so it can be changed.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

PS. I did search before posting but couldn't find anything along these lines. ;)
Can be changed in Phrases - multiquote_add and reply

Screenshot_4.png