1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 1.3.2 smilie import problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by briansol, May 28, 2014.

1. briansol

briansol Active Member

First time bulk-loading old smilies... just upgraded. Doesn't want to submit. Any ideas?

smilie error.png

I have no error logs:

Server Error Logs
    No errors have been logged.
  2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

How many smiles are in the XML file. I found that I had to make a php.ini change to use 2 of the ones that Sheldon did (the emoji extended and one of the other ones). I also got an error when I was importing them (did not show in the server error log) but had to actually check my nginx and php error logs.
    The actual error I got was (not in Xenforo but in my server logs)
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini
    This also caused problems with the drag/drop ability in the ACP smilie manager.
  3. briansol

briansol Active Member

There was a whole slew of them... not sure of actual count, probably a couple hundred.

I don't seem to have max_input_vars set at all in my php.ini under file uploads, so I'm not sure what the default is.
    Will try setting that and re-doing it later tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Default is 1000 I believe and I bumped it up to 3000 and they worked. Pretty sure that's going to be your problem.
  5. briansol

briansol Active Member

This did work! Thanks!

what a night mare this loader is though... enter a dupe, and then you have to uncheck 100 things that already made it in... 17 times.

I think i've spent more time loading smilies that i have on anything else to date with this software. lol
    Tracy Perry likes this.