1.2: The Editor looks much better now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floren

Anyone noticed the changes Mike @Kier made recently to editor?
This is exactly what I was trying to highlight into previous thread, thank you guys for listening. :)
All I have to do now is change the sprite with smaller icons and it will look perfect. Mike, do you think is possible to upgrade to Redactor 9? It looks even more elegant.

Last edited:
Yes we have. :)

It has been stated Redactor 9 is out of scope due to it dropping support for IE 8 so XenForo probably won't be using Redactor 9 for another while.

Thanks for the link. I'm curious if it was stated by the developers that R9 is out of scope?
I apologize for not following more closely the development, but eventually an upgrade will be necessary.

Anyone noticed the changes Mike made recently to editor?

@Mike has mentioned somewhere that credit goes to @Kier on this editor toolbar modification.

All I have to do now is change the sprite with smaller icons and it will look perfect.

I would personally prefer using IconFont for all the editor toolbar icons and some other icons as well. That way I will be able to style the icons as if they were text. I will have to see how easy will it be to make this change though. I already gave it a try and released a resource called XenIco.

I liked the minor details like adding the draft icon only where it is needed but not where it is not needed e.g., when you edit a post. :)

Just as I has been saying all the time (despite the protests of Brogan, Sheldon and others).

An excellent adjustment! :) it's all in the details, you know.

Just as I has been saying all the time (despite the protests of Brogan, Sheldon and others).

Not sure why the need for a shout out.

Funny, you guys express your opinion, the same as we do. My opinion is this look sucks. Just as your opinion was the old one sucked. Neutral would still be better.

Incredibly unfair.

I think you forget to point out that actually the only protests were coming from those that didn't like it (you and others). Our argument was, we liked it how it was but it doesn't matter either way because you can style it how you wish.

Now the reverse is true and there will not be any protests from me, Sheldon and others because we can easily change it on our boards as we please. That's the difference.

Incredibly unfair.

I think you forget to point out that actually the only protests were coming from those that didn't like it (you and others). Our argument was, we liked it how it was but it doesn't matter either way because you can style it how you wish.

Now the reverse is true and there will not be any protests from me, Sheldon and others because we can easily change it on our boards as we please. That's the difference.

You forgot to point out that Kier & co also agrees with me ;) and that's the difference my friend.

Seriously though who cares enough to bicker about this, they listened to the majority and in my opinion made the smart choice...they made it match the current style which will benefit people who have no clue how to change things themselves.

For people that could change this and or the other editor up, this was never a problem anyways so it is not something new they have to deal with.

I didn't think it needed much in the way of changing but it matches and looks good now too so whatever...it is better that it be changed now before 1.2 is released rather than after.

You forgot to point out that Kier & co also agrees with me ;) and that's the difference my friend.

Do you think I care who agrees with me or not?

I'm just glad I'm not one of those people who stamps my feet to get what I want ;)

Anyway. It is what it is. The same applies: Anyone who doesn't like it can change it easily enough so there's no need for any drama or any more discussion. Because that would be pointless when all is considered.

It won't matter either way the debate will go nowhere. Those capable will style it to their preference as seen in such movies as "Star Trek into Darkness", "The hills have eyes part 1 & 2" and other such classics as "The Bible" "The Ten Commandments" and other great classics. Lens Flares might even make an appearance and become Head styling property for 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom