1.2 Beta Tips, Tricks, FAQ.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So, a lot of common questions to be coming with the Beta release.

Will try to keep them all here.

So first up

TIP: Disable all listeners before running the upgrade and re-enable them afterwards to ensure the XenForo alterations occur properly.

How to use the CLI upgrade?
Just run library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php and follow the prompts.

Last edited:
Another tip:

READ THIS CAREFULLY :D

1iKWhPB.png

My editor icons arnt showing up correctly!
Your location may be pointing to the wrong place, probably styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/editor/icons.png either update or copy the new location: styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png

If you have this problem, you'll probably need to update styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png as well.

Watch out for conflicts between auto merge and manual merging, the system may auto remove an opening tag, but then ask you to put the closing tag back in if you revert to the default throwing a syntax error.

Last edited:
What's now the best way to change the indexpage? Just call setIndexRoute('myNewRoutePrefix')?
Or use the routefilter?

So, a lot of common questions to be coming with the Beta release.

Will try to keep them all here.

So first up

TIP: Disable all listeners before running the upgrade and re-enable them afterwards to ensure the XenForo alterations occur properly.

How to use the CLI upgrade?
Just run library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php and follow the prompts.
Clarification ---- Do you mean the add-ons individually in AdminCP or via config.php

I've seen "listeners" referred to as both and either or. And just want a small clarification on your meaning.

The listeners won't mess with the upgrade process itself - they're never run. However, it is worth disabling each add-on individually and re-enabling them one by one and testing as you go so you have a better idea of what you changed when things broke.

The listeners won't mess with the upgrade process itself - they're never run. However, it is worth disabling each add-on individually and re-enabling them one by one and testing as you go so you have a better idea of what you changed when things broke.

Thank you @Mike

I'm in the process of doing what is unadvised, not recommended, and is not for the weak-heart`ed. Updating live site and fully accepting any and all consequences.

Disabled all add-ons 1 by 1 and also config.php just to be safe (including custom styles)

Wish me luck :cautious:

Adding this code into my config.php
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Will just disable all addons?
Or will affect default XenForo core features also?

Adding this code into my config.php
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Will just disable all addons?
Or will affect default XenForo core features also?

Strongly encourage you to disable each add-on 1 by 1 individually, then add that to your config.php

Then slowly 1 by 1, verify individual which add-ons work... commenting and un-commenting that line in config.php as needed.

Strongly encourage you to disable each add-on 1 by 1 individually, then add that to your config.php

Then slowly 1 by 1, verify individual which add-ons work... commenting and un-commenting that line in config.php as needed.

I think I have 60 addons :D

I think I have 60 addons :D

I have 75 and am going through them now. Making a list of what works and what does not. You're welcome to wait for that list, but if you're already scream`ish at the idea of 60 add-ons... Wait until the final version.

Addons using XenForo_DataWriter_User::$usernameChangeUpdates won't change the names automatically in xenforo 1.2 anymore
You have to use XenForo_Model_User::changeContentUser for this

If your addon requires another addon, you can use following code, to check if it's installed and active:

PHP:
$addOns = XenForo_Application::get('addOns');
if (isset($addOns['test'])){
            //ADDON is INSTALLED and active
}

if you want to test the addon version too, you can use
PHP:
if (isset($addOns['test']) && $addOns['test'] < 1020031){
            //WRONG VERSION
        }

Top Bottom