[1.1] Required Profile Field

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

We're able to create Required profile Fields.

IMO they aren't required!
It'S working nice for new registrations, BUT if i'm already registered and the admin creates the field i don't get any notice, i can still access the board without problems, i don't have ANY LIMITS...

Wouldn't it be better to add a second checkbox, so we can controll the level of "required" ???

Attachments

• profile.webp
    profile.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 15
I've just made the same suggestion. When you have a massive user base and you want to leverage custom profile fields for marketing or demographic gathering purposes then it is essential for required fields to actually be required - whether the user is a new registrant or an existing member.

I cant see it would be too hard for xenForo to make some data integrity checks for this and redirect a user to fill in the fields should they be missing.

I strongly support this feature.

Well if this is to force old users to complete a later added field, then it is an Essential function and would vastly improve xenforo's functionality.

@Kier @Mike - If we are rearranging the site to display more specific content based on user groups; we cannot force existing users to make a selection therefore not gain access to user group specific content, thus decreasing scalability and investment potential.

Last edited:
Top Bottom