1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[1.1] Required Profile Field

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by ragtek, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

We're able to create Required profile Fields.

IMO they aren't required!
    It'S working nice for new registrations, BUT if i'm already registered and the admin creates the field i don't get any notice, i can still access the board without problems, i don't have ANY LIMITS...

Wouldn't it be better to add a second checkbox, so we can controll the level of "required" ???

Attached Files:

Kintaro, sinucello, Allan and 11 others like this.
  2. DroidHost

DroidHost Well-Known Member

YES I was writing a thread about it ! (y)

3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I've just made the same suggestion. When you have a massive user base and you want to leverage custom profile fields for marketing or demographic gathering purposes then it is essential for required fields to actually be required - whether the user is a new registrant or an existing member.

I cant see it would be too hard for xenForo to make some data integrity checks for this and redirect a user to fill in the fields should they be missing.

I strongly support this feature.

Vicki likes this.
  4. Vicki

Vicki Active Member

Same here. Strongly support this functionality gets implemented. Thanks!

5. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Active Member

Well if this is to force old users to complete a later added field, then it is an Essential function and would vastly improve xenforo's functionality.

@Kier @Mike - If we are rearranging the site to display more specific content based on user groups; we cannot force existing users to make a selection therefore not gain access to user group specific content, thus decreasing scalability and investment potential.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  6. sinucello

sinucello Well-Known Member

7. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Active Member

Thank you @sinucello should be a core function.

8. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good suggestion :)