1.1.1 Fatal Error - memory size exhausted

Ryan Kent

Hello. I attempted to upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1 today and received the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17558 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Raw.php on line 13

The site is on a new dedicated server so there is plenty of memory available. I checked the php.ini file I had was overwritten during the upgrade process so I presume the settings are correct.

Any ideas?

ISE 500 error is not specific. Ideally your server logs will contain more information.

My guess would be file/folder permissions. Files are normally 644 and folders are 755, except for data and internal_data which should be 777. A lack or excess of permissions can result in a ISE 500 error on some servers.

The only folders which i changed permissions on today is data and internal_data from 755 to 777. All other folders are 755. Every file is 644.

I was thinking the same thing. I come back to the XF forums after a few months to find Brogan's FAQ contains an error. I truly don't know what to believe in anymore. Are the laws of physics really laws? Maybe those should be double-checked as well.

I was thinking the same thing. I come back to the XF forums after a few months to find Brogan's FAQ contains an error. I truly don't know what to believe in anymore. Are the laws of physics really laws? Maybe those should be double-checked as well.
I'll have some spare time in a day or two, I'll let you know how I get on ;)

Top Bottom