XF 1.1 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 without upgrading

trilogy33

Localhost tested the other day.
Started with 1.1.0 files and db, grabbed the new 1.1.1 files and put them in place.
Went to the forum screen expecting to be asked to "Upgrade" and it didn't ask anything. :unsure:
Curiously going into the ACP, sure enough XenForo 1.1.1 is showing and File Health is reporting fine.
So, without doing the upgrade process suddenly the localhost is now on 1.1.1
Odd.

Cheers Jake and Happy New Year to you :)
It's 100% sweet now, today, from a newly rebuilt set of more recent backup files.

Previously: Went to /install but still no joy, "No Upgrade Available".
Couldn't understand it at the time. I'd always overwritten old files via copy/paste, merge? yes - in this fashion hundreds of times before on XAMPP test and it'd worked flawlessly. So, a bit bemused.
Anyways, sorted and thanks again.
Verdict: (Windows) Voodoo. :cautious:

If you have more than one local installation then it could have been a caching issue.

Just uploading the files won't cause the software to be automatically upgraded.

I have several local installations, for testing and support purposes, so I have added this to the config.php of each one:
Code:
$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'xflocal_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => ''
);
The prefix is different for all, avoiding any cookie/caching issues.

Thanks Brogan, Happy New Year and thanks for all the hard work and help you've put in. :)
Just the one local test install here, so racking my mind to work out why things went weird.
I'll keep in mind the caching angle there for future installs, you've raised a good point which may/*could* be blissfully overlooked.

Top Bottom