1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMDb Integration - Movie Info Generator 1.3.2

Generates movie information using TMDb API, embedd movie information into posts using BB Code

1. yavuz
    Compatible XF Versions:
    License:
    Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International
    Visible Branding:
    No
    [​IMG]

Please consider making a donation, help Support Further Development!
    What does this add-on do?

The add-on allows users to search movies listed in TMDb (www.themoviedb.org) and add them as a BB Code in any posts.

There has been several requests for having such add-on while @Snog's paid "TMDb Movie Thread Starter" add-on offers similar features, my version of the TMDb integration has mostly the same but few more different features to offer.

History & Credit

TMDb Integration was created by @xfrocks, who I hired, kindly allowed me to share it with the community.

Future Plans

I wish this add-on to be developed further, transformed into a movie portal, maybe a resource-manager like system with widgets, rating features and movie reviews. I have a detailed list of features already written.

This idea needs resources I currently don’t have, making it impossible for me to carry out alone. If you have use of such add-on, are enthusiastic about movies and like to see this become something more, please consider donating $$ towards this add-ons development. I’ll credit the names of those who have donated here in this thread and all donations will be spend towards this add-ons development.

Features in Overview:

• Caching: The information is stored in the database for performance reasons. It's also periodically pruned and refreshed.
    • Admin Options: The API Key also defines which language the system is going to use, depending what setting you have saved in your themoviedb.org account.
    • Cron Jobs: Updates the old data (deletes them periodically) to follow tmdb guidlines.
    • Style Properties: Some options to modify the height and with of the Movie BB CODE
    • Forum Permissions: Define which user is able to see the Movie Search field & use the TMDb system.
    • How it Looks Upon Thread Creation: When a use writes a string into the "Movie Search" field the movie is gathered and shown for the user to pick. When the user clicks on it, it creates the necessary movie information.
    • Embedd in Post: If you leave the Movie result in the field, the information is shown in the thread list. Mainly to benefit from the movie information you have to use it as a BB code inside the post.
    • Backdrops Slideshow: Wehn you click on the posters & posters a slideshow viewer is opened.
    • Thread List: Certain information can also be added to the thread list.
    Screenshots or it didn't happen :)

a57j.png eerj.png npmv.png o5v0.png zek2.png 7bgv.png qb3e.png qx8b.png igco.png sq7g.png

Support

Support is at the pleasure of @xfrocks. He may or may not provide bug fixes, feature implementations etc. Your donations will definitely be a factor solving bug fixes and adding more functionality.

I haven't been able to test it with 1.3.x, it should work but I'm not sure. If someone tests it and get back with the result, I can modify the resource to reflect it.

Every Tiny Bit Helps....

Please Rate, like and/or leave a feedback if you enjoy this resource. Thank you.

Disclaimer
    This product uses the TMDb API
    but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.
    F@ROZ, arr0w, tjohn67658 and 4 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Updated Zip Package

Recent Reviews

1. arr0w
    arr0w
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    Excellent, thanks! ;)
  2. ArucarD
    ArucarD
    5/5,
    Seems to be working well with 1.3.0 RC1. Definitely a great addition to a community, truly appreciate it.
    1. yavuz
      Author's Response
      Glad it's working for you and thank you for the review.
  3. MasterPiece
    MasterPiece
    5/5,
    Very cool feature. Thank you very much for this addon You rock.
    1. yavuz
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review (: