- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Visible branding
The add-on allows users to search movies listed in TMDb (www.themoviedb.org) and add them as a BB Code in any posts.
There has been several requests for having such add-on while @Snog's paid "TMDb Movie Thread Starter" add-on offers similar features, my version of the TMDb integration has mostly the same but few more different features to offer.
History & Credit
TMDb Integration was created by @xfrocks, who I hired, kindly allowed me to share it with the community.
I wish this add-on to be developed further, transformed into a movie portal, maybe a resource-manager like system with widgets, rating features and movie reviews. I have a detailed list of features already written.
This idea needs resources I currently don’t have, making it impossible for me to carry out alone. If you have use of such add-on, are enthusiastic about movies and like to see this become something more, please consider donating $$ towards this add-ons development. I’ll credit the names of those who have donated here in this thread and all donations will be spend towards this add-ons development.
Features in Overview:
- Caching: The information is stored in the database for performance reasons. It's also periodically pruned and refreshed.
- Admin Options: The API Key also defines which language the system is going to use, depending what setting you have saved in your themoviedb.org account.
- Cron Jobs: Updates the old data (deletes them periodically) to follow tmdb guidlines.
- Style Properties: Some options to modify the height and with of the Movie BB CODE
- Forum Permissions: Define which user is able to see the Movie Search field & use the TMDb system.
- How it Looks Upon Thread Creation: When a use writes a string into the "Movie Search" field the movie is gathered and shown for the user to pick. When the user clicks on it, it creates the necessary movie information.
- Embedd in Post: If you leave the Movie result in the field, the information is shown in the thread list. Mainly to benefit from the movie information you have to use it as a BB code inside the post.
- Backdrops Slideshow: Wehn you click on the posters & posters a slideshow viewer is opened.
- Thread List: Certain information can also be added to the thread list.
Support is at the pleasure of @xfrocks. He may or may not provide bug fixes, feature implementations etc. Your donations will definitely be a factor solving bug fixes and adding more functionality.
I haven't been able to test it with 1.3.x, it should work but I'm not sure. If someone tests it and get back with the result, I can modify the resource to reflect it.
Every Tiny Bit Helps....
Please Rate, like and/or leave a feedback if you enjoy this resource. Thank you.
This product uses the TMDb API
but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.
- Related resources