1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidebar Donations 1.3

Displays a donations block in your sidebar.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Description:

Displays a donations block in your sidebar.

(Example of Sidebar Donations in sidebar)

pic001.jpg

(Example of Group Permissions)

pic002.jpg

Features:
    • Logged in members username is passed on to PayPal so you know who made the donation.
    • All phrases start with sidebardonations_ for your convenience.
    Requirements:

This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on located here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sidebar-positions.3799/

Installation:
    1. Download sidebardonations_v1.3.zip and unzip it.
    2. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    3. Upload the addon-SidebarDonations_v1.3.xml file.
    4. Click the Install Add-on button.
    Setup:
    1. Edit the sidebardonations_message phrase and update the item underlined in red, this would be your PayPal email address.

pic003.jpg

There are two variables you can use in this phrase, {boardTitle} and {username}.

2. Set the Group Permission for the Registered group to Allow.
    Questions and Answers:

Q: Which version of Sidebar Positions does this add-on require?
    A: Sidebar Positions v2.6 or newer.

Q: My forum runs more than one language, how can I change the word "Donations" in the sidebar block title?
    A: Edit the sidebardonations_title phrase.

Q: Can guests donate also?
    A: Yes.
    Translations:

Spanish
    http://escritoriobase.com/threads/spanish-translation-for-sidebar-donations-addon-by-andyb.102/

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.

Thank you.
    McKel, Alex S, Neutral Singh and 3 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description

Recent Reviews

1. adwade
    adwade
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    This is such a handy add-on AndyB has created. Easy to install and edit, but above all it keeps a donation button where users will SEE it. After all, if they don't see it, they (probably) won't donate.(i.e. Out of sight, Out of mind)
  2. Sam F
    Sam F
    5/5,
    AWESOME it’s Great Add-on, who doesn’t need for members to help out with the expenses! It’s a great feature which I love, how cool is that! What can I say some extra cash in my pocket to help with my server costs. Andy you sure do make my life a lot easier, your attention to detail is impressive. Keep up the great work! Without some of your add-on’s our forum would not be as active as it has become. Nor would it be such a cool forum to belong. Thanks for the countless hrs of hard work you have put into all your add-on’s.
  3. Pavle123
    Pavle123
    5/5,
    Great, light-weight resource that offers great value for community of any size. Regularly updated and its free. What more to ask?
  4. kisanjong
    kisanjong
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Perfect! Thanks Andy for another great addition to your great collection of xf add-ons.

Can I also point out that Andy's support is excellent, he's a guy that cares about your forum with great respect!
  5. Robby
    Robby
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    It is easy to install and does what it says. With Andy's addon's you have peace of mind because the developer cares when you have a problem. If you want donations for your site, go with this:)