- Compatible XF 1.x versions
Provides a form to send an email to anyone from your forum.
This add-on is very useful for testing if the email system is working properly on your forum. The recipient can be any email address and is not restricted to the members email address.
(Example of Send Email page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
- User Group Permissions honored.
- All phrases start with sendemail_ for your convenience.
- Download sendemail_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-SendEmail_v1.0.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Set User Group Permission for the Administrative group to Allow.
Add "sendemail" to the end of the URL in your browser.
Full Friendly URLs http://www.domain.com/sendemail http://www.domain.com/forums/sendemail non-Full Friendly URLs http://www.domain.com/index.php?sendemail http://www.domain.com/forums/index.php?sendemail
Questions and Answers:
Q: What does the Name field do?
A: You can put any name in there you like, it will go into the "To" field of the email.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.