New User Post Restrictions

New User Post Restrictions 1.1.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.4
  2. 1.5
Visible branding
No
Allows you to set post limit in a specified time frame and you can also disallow posting things you don't want such as certain words, websites, etc. You can set restrictions based on user group, post count or days registered.

The restrictions can be set from Options > New User Post Restrictions

When a user has reached the post limit or he/she posts something that has been disallowed, the user will get an error in the XF errorOverlay.

I only tested it on XF 1.4/1.5 so I don't know if it will work on older versions but you can test it yourself to find out.

How to install:
Upload the contents of the archive to "library" and paste 'library/Siropu/NewUserPostRestrictions/addon-NewUserPostRestrictions.xml' in the "Install from file on server:" field on the Add-on Install page, and run the install.

If you find it useful, don't forget to rate it. :)
  • options.webp
    options.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,578
  • posting.webp
    posting.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,528
  • perms.webp
    perms.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,364
Author
Siropu
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from Siropu

Latest updates

1. Small Changes

Made some changes to avoid detection of disallowed keywords inside other keywords.
  2. Improvements

Added option to apply restrictions for profile posts as well.
  3. Added user group permissions

Now you can bypass post restrictions for premium groups or any other groups you want. The option...

Latest reviews

Just what we needed to help cut down spam. This should keep spam down to a reasonable amount of posts, we had to go through multiple pages before we started using this.
Works exactly as described at stopping spam links in posts. Thank you Siropu for your great add-ons.
I like the plugin. It works well, easy to set up and saves you from many problems.
download plugin without problems.
Thank you and as many plugins can make
Siropu
Siropu
Thank you for the review, I'm glad you like it. New add-ons coming soon.
Top Bottom